Airgun fill up level

Mungler

I have an old S300 or S310 airgun (it's not infront of me).

It's a 10 shot PCP. I think it was the forerunner to the S410 but it doesn't have an the inbuilt pressure gauge.

I used to fill mine with a manual stirrup pump and take a reading off the guage.

The trouble is, I haven't had it out in donkeys and now need to whip it out and get it pumped up again (oooer etc) but I can't remember to what level I did (or ought) to be filling it up to.

Any ideas?

The squirrels are back and in the bin bags. Nappies everywhere for all you "I eat squirrel merchants".

The other day I saw one of the blighters run off down the fence line with a perfect triangle pizza slice in its mouth.

Mrs. Mungler has issued a fatwa on said squirrels and I am now Mullah Mungler of the Squirreljahideen.

Mung

Mungler,

So you own the good old S300 or S310?

These particular air rifles require a high pressure fill to over 200 Bar as they use the old inertia system unlike the pneaumatic action on the 410 & 410k.

I suggest a manual fill using the oral process, you will easily achieve 230 Bar.

You have reached the required pressure when your suffer internal bleeding and thus no requirement for a filling guage.