Sign in to follow this  
Scotty1980

Pigeon Decoy Shells

On the right day anything 'grey and pigeon shaped' works.

For years I have used the old 'cardboard' ones very light and 50 take up less space than 3 full body decoys.

Movement is key so combine these with a flapper or a couple of floaters or a magnet and job done!

I still have a template for them all you need is decent card (possibly thin plastic is available now that would work) some dark grey primer and a flash of white in the right places.

Make a simple peg device and your done!

Basic but as said work if the pigeons are feeding on the field and your in the right place!!

026.jpg

I used to make them from  an old car inner tube,painted grey,with a cotton bobbin as a head.On the day,they worked. Lollipop stick as a spine.

Edited by kaunda
    addition

On 14/11/2017 at 11:51, Scotty1980 said:

I have been looking at some shells on ebay and wondered what you thought of them?

I think that the white bars on the sides are a little bright, but good value for money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Pigeon-Decoy-Shells-High-Definition-Decoying-Shooting-HD-Painted-Rocker-Pegs/202050431492?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Thanks.

If there the same as ones I bought which I think they r there poor really brittle and shiny and heavy