Falcon fn19 .22 walnut stock v brocock hunter .22 synthetic stock

Scottlamb

hi all im new here and hope this is in the right place,

i am looking for a 2nd hand pcp rifle and have come accross these too for the 250 mark they both have scopes and bipods , the falcon is walnut stock + weirach silencer + quick fill adapter + hawke scope   ,

the brocock is synthetic has a 2.5-10x42 scope + stirrup pump....both are in .22.........i know these are older pcp's   but are they still worth the 250 price mark

thank you for any input

thank you so much for your quick reply.......i will keep looking i think ,     how about the,    hatsan at44 can get with silencer and scope for 300, i have also been offered a walther rotex r8, with scope , and silencer .for 290? thank you for replies

Edited by Scottlamb

The hatsan is very poor in my book .

Or at least the versions I shot 3 years ago were .I did a review of one for shooting times and I had little positive to say about it. Another I shot had terrible accuracy .

The walther is ok .But it's very heavy and again the mag system isnt great .

Personally I'd look for a bsa ultra /scorpion .or an airarms .s200 /400 / 410 

Or a webley raider  or Axor /w8 

If you want a good alrounder .And don't mind a single shot. 

Look for a bsa scorpion.in .177 

It should give 60 shots and sh for a tactical singke shot. Pay £ 225 ish for gun and a bit more for a scope on it too .

great, thanks again  .....ill keep looking   , can get an absolutly mint webley raIder in .22,    silencer +  4x28 scope and plastic locking case for 250,   i just missed out on an ultra for 300

thank you for your input so much i really do appreciate your time....

IS THERE ANYTHING TOO SPECIFICALLY LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A 2ND HAND PCP......the guy whos selling the falcon will meet me half way at a service station if i want, but ill not really b able to test it then? 

Edited by Scottlamb

The S300 is a very under rated gun but it's only a single shot. Ultrastu has pretty much hit the nail but, to be honest, you are not too far from a decent PCP - another £100 or so would get you up into the lower price S410 bracket. Avoid the RM8 as it's flawed but the designers simply will not admit it.

Ok when buying a sh pcp .

I wouldn't meet anyone in a car park anywhere mate. That is bad news all round .not least because anyone could see you and call the police. And then you have swat  breathing on you. 

Go to the person's house and he should offer to let you shoot it in his garden and chrono it .and tell you all about it .good and bad .tell you it's fave pellets and some great shots he has had .

If this isn't how the conversation pans out then he isnt a keen airgunner or he is hiding something and your best to walk away. To be fair. You should already have half this info by talking over the phone.

Chronograph it .around 170 bar 

Look for obvious damage 

It should have air in it when you arrive and listen closely for leaks (to check he hasn't just filled it before u arrive )

Accuracy at say 15 yds rested should be one small ragged hole with his best pellets. 

If you buy from a shop still ask for them to chrono it infront of u. As a good shop will let you. 

I must admit to buying/selling various Guns, including Shotguns, in a Car Park - even a Motorway Car Park in full view of anyone nosy enough to look - I also know of an RFD that does the same so don't assume that everyone is a crook - on the other hand I have over 30 years of experience so I know a little bit about what to look for. If you buy privately then you would be wise to beg, steal or borrow a Chrono as it seems fashionable at the moment to tinker with guns and you could buy something that puts you in a whole heap of trouble - also, in my experience, some of the Air Arms PCP's are capable of creeping over 12ft/lb after a couple of years shooting ( bought a nearly new S410 many years back and had it taken off me by a gun shop when I tried to px it as it was putting out just over 14ft/lb) - my current rifles ( both AA's) are also uncomfortably close to the limit. Whereabouts are you? You say you are new here yet you joined in 2013?

Edited by bruno22rf

10 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I must admit to buying/selling various Guns, including Shotguns, in a Car Park - even a Motorway Car Park in full view of anyone nosy enough to look - I also know of an RFD that does the same so don't assume that everyone is a crook - on the other hand I have over 30 years of experience so I know a little bit about what to look for. If you buy privately then you would be wise to beg, steal or borrow a Chrono as it seems fashionable at the moment to tinker with guns and you could buy something that puts you in a whole heap of trouble - also, in my experience, some of the Air Arms PCP's are capable of creeping over 12ft/lb after a couple of years shooting ( bought a nearly new S410 many years back and had it taken off me by a gun shop when I tried to px it as it was putting out just over 14ft/lb) - my current rifles ( both AA's) are also uncomfortably close to the limit. Whereabouts are you? You say you are new here yet you joined in 2013?

hello, is that not December 13th ? i agree to put a location might help find a suitable rifle,  

The problem with car park trading is that you can't test the gun .

You can't trace the seller if you have an issue with the sale after .

You run the risk of the public getting upset  (you don't want the anti terrorist squad on your back .)car parks have cameras with people watching .

You could get done over by 4 big blokes , Knowing your carring £400 cash 

Your risk !

You may well be correct oldypigeonpopper - my bad! When dealing in a public place ultra - I always meet away from my vehicle initially but you are ,of course, correct about not being able to test the gun - more often bought Shotguns than Airguns this way but never had a bad experience in buying/selling so I don't hesitate but then we are not all the same so HeyHo - situation is not really much different to buying at an auction though where not being able to test a gun is concerned.