Best waterproof for leather boots? ..

gamekeeper1960

I also use leather genie as it works just as good as any of the others. 

Try warming the leather and putting it on thick and let it soak into the leather. Trouble is with leather as you walk through grass and undergrowth it scuffs the leather letting it take in water. You have to load the leather with product. You could use silicon oil and soak the leather in that too. Have two tins of leder Gris from altberg. 

7 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

The sno seal sounds interesting for my brogues ... does it darken the leather at all?

Yes, but just a bit. Remember that for shoes it's more or less a one off treatment, with perhaps a touch up on the creases, where the shoe bends and, over the stitching, every now and again. I say one off but applied, in my case, after each resoling, with a touch up in-between. Having resealed, I just polish as normal with my usual polish 

On 25/12/2017 at 07:41, welshgun said:

Aultberg leader gris wax oil ideal for waterproofing boots and cheap 

This is the best stuff to use or you could use this handy tip i found on the internet

Waterproof your winter boots and shoes by giving them a coat of WD-40. It'll act as a barrier so water can't penetrate the material. Also use WD-40 to remove ugly salt stains from boots and shoes during the winter months. Just spray WD-40 onto the stains and wipe with a clean rag.

i will stick with my altberg stuff