O2

Owenwill

I've just come to the end of an 18 month contract with O2 and decided to upgrade from my Moto V3, I rang O2 earlier today and they offered me the phone I wanted (Nokia 6300) at £20/ month with 100 texts but because I wanted to change to a 12 month contract they would only offer 25 free minutes, stupidly I agreed to this without much thought and that was that. However, having spoken to a freind who's more clued up on mobile matters he reckons I could have got much better deal, he said Dial a phone are offering same phone for £10/month with 200 texts and 200 minutes! What I would like to know is this, is it too late to cancel the O2 order now I have "done the deal" or do they have a cooling off period, I will of course ring them tomorrow to find this out but wondered if anyone on here had any experience in this, hopefully they will match the other deal, here's hoping! Thanks in advance

The number you had you can still have with the new network. Get back onto O2 and ask for your PAC (Port Authorisation Code). Oftel own the number, not the network, so you can have the old no on your new phone if you want it. Just tell the new lot you are porting a number and quote the PAC to them, they will do the rest.

It will depend if you have had to sign a new agreement. if you have and you are paying by direct debit this constitutes a "credit agreement" for which there is usually a 28 day cooling off period. You will have to read the small print to be 100% certain, although i'm 99% sure this is the case.

Some providers also provide a 14 day money back option if you don't like the phone, however, that said you will probably only be offered a replacement phone and not an option to cancel the contract.

NOTE TO SELF.....read all the bloody postings before replying.......that way I would have know it's all sorted.......

If it's credit signed at a licensed credit brokers licensed premises there is no cancellation period whatsoever. Otherwise it can be anything from 5 days to 30 days depending on what the product is and how it was sold.

Anything you buy "at a distance" (telephone/internet etc) the distance selling regulations allow you a 7 day cooling off period, if the "product" was part of a credit agreement you have the right to cancel that as well as return the goods.

PAC codes only work now if you swap network, seems they've stopped you swapping between deals or at least Vodafone have.

Yes, I am staying with O2 but doing deal through dialaphone, so cannot keep number because not changing networks, daft as it seems

Ok, cheers guys, will give it a go today,not really such a big deal for me changing numbers although I am just starting to remember my old one after 10 years of having it :lol: They are keeping deal on hold for me until I can fax proof of identity, only bank statements or utility bills accepted which is not easy because do banking online and they won't accept printouts, also my water, lecy etc. is paid through farm, so bills got company name on it,so I rang the lovely Sanjeeta in my "local" HSBC who said they will send statement in next 10! working days