WHATS YOUR VIEWS ON THIS SUZUKI VITARA GRAND

oldypigeonpopper

I think is way overpriced £1200 is more like it.I paid £1900 for my 02 a few years back with 90k on the clock.Great cars with a bullet proof engine and gear box.With full muds there is no stopping them.Make sure you check the sills and brake lines.You cant get aftermarket sills so they have to be fabricated (£300/400 with welding) that what mine cost.But all the old **** has to be cut out(and i mean right back).I should of just had 2inch box section welded in as new sills but didnt ask the off roaders for their advise before i jumped in.

SERIOUSLY get under and bang those sills as a lot are bodged.If who ever is flogging it tries to stop you,walk away.

l

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks for replies

They are a great car mate, but dont rush in.I bought mine of a local lady and the car looked mint for its age.Didnt know about the sills at the time,but come MOT day and i got a call to come and look at it.The sills where filled with expanding foam and then filler.Top coated with thick underseal hid the mess.Just have a good prod around and get under and knock along the inner sill.It gets expensive if this is shot (like mine).Check those brake lines while your under as that a £200 job.

Thing is though once these jobs are done youve got a car that will last another 10yrs.Painted mine nato green with a roller and put 2 sunroofs in.Just as well because one night (well early morning 2am to be precise) i lost it and slid off the marging into the wood.Ended up wedged fast between two trees and couldnt get the doors open.Had to go back two days later with a chain saw and cut her out.Ten minutes with a hammer sorted the dints out a quick roll over with some more nato green and she was ready for round 2.

Edited by Davyo