IP camera

Rewulf

I  dont suppose anyone has got one of the cheaper £25 ish IP security cameras with some sensible instructions ?

Im trying  to get the motion detector alarm to work, sending an alarm to my phone.
As far as I can see, all the settings are correct, it should send an email too, but that doesnt work either.
I can remotely view ,and control the camera, but thats not really what I wanted it for, it was just an extra security level on top of the (non linked ) house alarm.
I know Im a cheap skate, but just wanted to try one first to see if they were any good.
Wondering if Im missing something ?

Its this camera

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Wifi-IP-Camera-HD-720P-CCTV-HOME-Indoor-Security-IR-Night-Vision-System/122899641493?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Tried it through my gmail and hotmail accounts.
It says its set for alarm to email, but I get nothing in the way of alerts , even when Im live viewing.
I thought of thought it would alert me through the app, does it just send an email ?

4 hours ago, screamingdead said:

On the latest ip camera I set up, I needed to enable two factor authentication within gmail and generate an app password for the camera to authenticate with. Relay server was set to smtp.gmail.com, port was 587 and SSL was STARTTLS.

This, we ha£ to do this for our Hikvision system