Lapua .22lr ammo

I have seen a couple of references to this ammo on here, but never had need or desire to try it.

To cust a long story story short, I HAD to buy some solid point ammo at Bisley last week and the guy in the shop recommended the Lapua stuff.

At £6 for hundred I thought I would give it a try.

All I need to do was to check that I didn't need to alter my zero from Winchester subs that I normally use.

Went down to the the 50 yards range, spanked 15 off quickly and walked forward to have look.

I won't get into the the whole 'ragged hole' thing, but they more or less went through the same 'ole.

I came away very impressed, not with so much the accuracy, but with the consistacy of this ammo :lol:

Well worth a try in hollow point for hunting if you fancy a change or can't get you usual brand I would say...

Interesting, as the bloke in new shop at Small Bore Rifle Club at Bisley, who sell thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo as you can imagine, said they have more problems with Eley stuff (apart from the Tenex or high end stuff) than anything else.

Just goes to show, no 2 guns seem to be the same.

I binned my target that day, I guess I should have taken a picture of it, the grouping was much better than I get with Winchesters, even though I like the whack the Winnies produce.

Its weird alright

the cci sub sonic stuff is very accurate in my rifle but the bolt is hard to close. eley subs are decent

At the range I commented that I thought the eleys were better in my gun and got another person to try my rifle with each brand (eley, lapua) and they agreed with me. Very obvious difference between them.

It was the cheapest of the cheap lapua stuff though

Its weird alright

the cci sub sonic stuff is very accurate in my rifle but the bolt is hard to close. eley subs are decent

At the range I commented that I thought the eleys were better in my gun and got another person to try my rifle with each brand (eley, lapua) and they agreed with me. Very obvious difference between them.

It was the cheapest of the cheap lapua stuff though

Hi i found the bolt very stiff when using CCI subs also. Switched to Eley, much better.

Mark B

lapua make a very budget ammo as well i believe, comes in tins not in bricks. However ive never seen it in this country.

The lapua i tried was very good, however i never found a steady enough stream of it to justify changing from eley.

Winchester is also very good.

CCI is not worth the air inside the box they come in.

OK I just checked what this stuff is.

It's just called Match, and is branded as SK, but made by Lapua (maybe they own SK, or visa versa?)

They are very oily, so I would imagine they would cycle well in semi-autos.

Either way, I will only ever use it for plinking or shooting the running boar.

I won't change from Winchesters for hunting as they do everything I need them to - oh, and I just bought another 500 :rolleyes:

CCI is not worth the air inside the box they come in.

Absolutely IMHO :good:

How many missfires can you have in a box of 100?:good: buy CCI and find out!!! total pants! but Geko at £1.80 a box group well through all of my rifles! don't think spending more is allways best!