SOMETIMES, JUST SOMETIMES

wymberley

1 minute ago, Farmboy91 said:

They don't look any different no matter which one I use, that goes for the o/u which I brought brand new last August to the second hand hammer I brought from Bosher a couple months back. 

Really? Bore snakes are ok for getting rid of the loose stuff in the barrels, but rubbish for anything else. That's where bore cleaner and a battery drill come in.

2 minutes ago, motty said:

Really? Bore snakes are ok for getting rid of the loose stuff in the barrels, but rubbish for anything else. That's where bore cleaner and a battery drill come in.

Everything I've brought second hand I've been over with the rods + clenzoil field and range solution and got them clean as possible, now a drop of Bisley gun oil and a couple of pulls with the snake have them shiny. 

Happily, all sorted in the shape of a refund. I only needed the 3 piece rods to suit the new motor case, already having loads of brushes,etc, etc. The seller (Norgas) has apparently (I can't define this as I don't do Ebay as a rule being a guest on this occasion and consequently can't see what it's changed to. Take care though as I've just got one of the ones that I was sent, but which came complete with brushes and mops, etc so all was well, but some (if not all) of these have a very small tool thread which will not accept the UK threaded tools.) amended this product to the one shown in the photo above - not quite though as the treads were as they should have been!

I got what I wanted from here - the genuine Parker Hale barrel and chamber rods:

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/

And have to say that they were an absolute delight to deal with - thoroughly recommended.

On 08/04/2018 at 13:47, clakk said:

Trouble with e-bay is the amount of fake brand names and poor copy,s of the real deal.In  a gunshop you can see and examine your new item but on the bay u pays your money and hope its real,shame as the ebay /amazon routine is killing gunshops imho

:good: