Corvid control

Wilksy II

I’ve not been out for a few weeks so I was itching for a shot but the rapes in good order and the drilling’s are all through so pigeons are scarce, but I’d seen a few Corvids and the farmer had expressed his concerns about them so I set up at 12pm on some 2” wheat with six crow decoys and waited, the birds obliged and I packed up at 6pm with 7 jackdaws, 6 rooks, 17 crows and three bonus flighting pigeons! 

Really enjoyed it only down side I built my hide next to a foxes marking post and the dog stinks like a fox now!

2 minutes ago, Wilksy II said:

I’ve not been out for a few weeks so I was itching for a shot but the rapes in good order and the drilling’s are all through so pigeons are scarce, but I’d seen a few Corvids and the farmer had expressed his concerns about them so I set up at 12pm on some 2” wheat with six crow decoys and waited, the birds obliged and I packed up at 6pm with 7 jackdaws, 6 rooks, 17 crows and three bonus flighting pigeons! 

Really enjoyed it only down side I built my hide next to a foxes marking post and the dog stinks like a fox now!

hello, well done Wilksy, i do prefer shooting corvids, much easier to shoot or maybe not with my aim:lol: 

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done Wilksy, i do prefer shooting corvids, much easier to shoot or maybe not with my aim 

Cheers pigeonpopper! Yeah I missed a few to start probably in front, I found I needed to aim at them, tried out some Eley pigeon hv 32g 6’s killed them dead as hammers!

6 minutes ago, aga man said:

Good bag of corvids that wilksy.well shot.

Where you buying you cartridges from, gun room?

Cheers Aga man I’ve enjoyed it, yes I’ve been using the Eley pigeon select and i like them, but he didn’t have any so I took these, they kick a bit but do the biz!

8 hours ago, scolopax said:

Excellent bag of Carrion crows, the only real villian in the corvid clan IMO

Magpie and jackdaw are up there on the list for me too having seen the nasty way they sometimes go about their business. Carrion has to be worst of the lot though, Rooks more of an agricultural pest.

Edited by aga man