Boxing heads up,McDonnell v Inoue,Friday 1300hrs

sako751sg

Just a wee heads up as with being in Japan its on at a funny time,being Friday afternoon and the gig starts at 1300hrs and its free on  Sky Sports 407.

Inoue is a beast of a fighter at Super Fly but is moving up to Bantam so could make it interesting.P4P hes not far from Lomachenko imo.

McDonnell is a very good boxer too and with Bantam being his natural weight could hold an advantage but wouldnt be surprised if he gets stopped late.

32 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Thanks for the heads up. I hope I'll get to watch it. The last few fights I've been able to watch have been dire, so it'd be good to see some real boxing! I don't know much about either fighters, so a bit of research needed first. Are you going for Inoue?

Have to go Inoue for me,he is a bit special although obviously going to a weight he hasnt operated before might surprise him but im doubting it.When he went Pro he actually got a contract wrote up that he will never fight against an easy opponent and although hes not really been that tested his opponents have all been of decent stock.

Not easy calling an exciting fight nowadays with all the fake trash talking but both of these are the kind that dont like giving an inch so im calling a cracker.

I can see Mc being well bloodied and possibly stopped late but hoping he doesnt.

Neutral in this as like both men.

Edited by sako751sg

Gutted for Jamie Mc and he is better than that.

He should have moved up in weight last year but wanted to test himself but looked awful yesterday and although rehydrated today weight draining done him.Not 100% but i actually thought i heard someone say he had put on 26lb which is astounding and shows how much cutting he has to do.

The size difference was massive but shows the power of Inoue although it would have been good to see Mc settle down behind the jab but didnt get the chance.

Pretty sure Inoue will go down in history as a great even at this early stage of his career.

Edit to say in case some folk dont know but Bendan Ingle had died.A great trainer and one who really did care for his fighters.RIP.

Also ex fighter Dean Francis died today after a battle with cancer aged 44.Terrific fighter who could have been a WC but for a bad shoulder injury.RIP champ.

Edited by sako751sg

3 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Gutted for Jamie Mc and he is better than that.

He should have moved up in weight last year but wanted to test himself but looked awful yesterday and although rehydrated today weight draining done him.Not 100% but i actually thought i heard someone say he had put on 26lb which is astounding and shows how much cutting he has to do.

The size difference was massive but shows the power of Inoue although it would have been good to see Mc settle down behind the jab but didnt get the chance.

Pretty sure Inoue will go down in history as a great even at this early stage of his career.

Edit to say in case some folk dont know but Bendan Ingle had died.A great trainer and one who really did care for his fighters.RIP.

Also ex fighter Dean Francis died today after a battle with cancer aged 44.Terrific fighter who could have been a WC but for a bad shoulder injury.RIP champ.

Ive never watched any boxing from Japan just K1 and mma, were the crowd there quiet as normal while watching? It always seems strange but I like it.

As for the weight cut, that tells me he either trained wrong or he is fighting at the wrong weight. I always thought Matt Hughes was just a bully, but he always made weight dropping a huge amount of weight for weigh ins without it affecting his performance, didn't realise this till i watched a documentary at some point, for me it made him go up in my estimation.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Ive never watched any boxing from Japan just K1 and mma, were the crowd there quiet as normal while watching? It always seems strange but I like it.

As for the weight cut, that tells me he either trained wrong or he is fighting at the wrong weight. I always thought Matt Hughes was just a bully, but he always made weight dropping a huge amount of weight for weigh ins without it affecting his performance, didn't realise this till i watched a documentary at some point, for me it made him go up in my estimation.

Japs are always pretty respective during their fights and you would almost think a lack of enthusiasm but its just the way it is with them.

Cutting weight is pretty widespread in boxing and its not too bad when the cuts are minimal but Mc did in fact rehydrate 26lbs in around 24 hours which is extreme.Inoue is around 5 feet 5 and Mc 5 ft 10ish i think so that tells a wee bit of a story especially down at bantam.

He looked a shadow at the weigh in.