New to shotshell reloading. (12g)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Hope you get your mojo back soon cookoff013.

To the OP how are you getting on ?

Yea so pretty much figgy I’m just taking a back seat here and watching and listening . I dont mind hearing what reloading gear you all use but as said in the original post I no it’s not the best bit of kit but I have never done this before and only just got back into shooting after 5 years out ..

Plus the mises bought it me so I had no say of which make and model and I think she did well really, seen as she noes nothing 😂👍

i have had 2 great offers from 2 people in this thread to go and meet face to face and learn a thing or 2. ((Which I plan to take both up on there offers in the very near future ))

i have done all I can do with the ingredients I have so far ...we’ll iv de primed about 250 cases ready to rock ..

but I genuinely think I have learned from everything that has been posted on here .  I now have a much better understanding .

so yea thanks to every one who has had ANY !! sort of input in this thread and seen as we’ve just hit 4 pages I hope it doesn’t stop yet as I really enjoy reading every single comment !

the plan is to go and pick these 2 people brains and realistically I think: 

as soon as I get a recipe from one of them that works aslong as I can get all the components I will just stick to it ....I don’t think I will try and play around I’d be too wary (sensible😂😂😂) at this stage .  

We are all aware that you can get 1000 decent-ish catridges for about £200 give or take so reloading standard clay loads is pretty much a lost corse.... but at the minute I only shoot clays 😂😂😂 so this is all a daft venture purely for the pleasure of doing it .. and we’ll i suppose so I have a excuse to be in the garage and just  because I can 😂👍

like I said thanks to every one who’s got involved so far and I hope it carries on ...🤞

SS  🐿🐿👍

There are a load of Lee Loadall you tube videos out there, watch as many as you can. There are a lot of hi Tara and tips for using them like knocking the hopper every drop to get consistent powder drops.

Only other thing you may need is a case trimmer as fired carts cases get longer. Reloading is very easy only a few simple steps to a good finished cart.

Edited by figgy

I've been reloading for about 18 months now and the reloading bug bit me bad! 

Like you I was very fortunate to have a member on this forum offer to show me the ropes and provide me with what I needed to have a go myself. You will learn so much picking the brains of someone who's been doing it a while and talk and show you through stuff. 

Started with a Lee Loadall, great piece of kit. Now I'm quickly running out of room in my shed for my reloading stuff! Just got up and running reloading for the 410 now. 

It's mightily satisfying breaking/dropping stuff with your homeloads. 

Have fun. 

Spower 👍