aa s400 carbine .177 are they any good?

mosa

hi bud, You cant get a better .177 PCP air rifle than the one you have, my only reservation of the K model is due to short air cylinder/barrel which makes the no, of shots much less than the the classic or extra high power which in the high power model is only available on ticket anyway. I am sure you will enjoy it anyway. good luck.

The only differance between the S400 and S410 is that the 400 is single shot (you have to load a pellet every time you fire) whereas the 410 is a magazine fed multishot.

As already stated, the carbine version you are talking about will give you less shots per charge than a regular version, but then it may be worth it as you'll be getting a more compact / more balanced rifle.

.177 is absolutely fine for rabbits.

I know a guy who runs a pest control firm and he uses an AA S200 and AA S400 both in .177 very regularly for rabbit control.

If you really are in doubt, the best thing to do is go to a gunshop and shoulder an S400 carbine to see if you can get on with how it feels, if it passes that test for you then my verdict would be that its a very accurate rifle that will serve you well.

I've got one, it's really good, i've nailed plenty of rabbits, pigeons and tree rats with it.

It's very accurate and quite quiet with the air arms silencer, although i've heard that the are quieter silencers out there, filling it is a easy, it takes about 5 minutes with the pump, ermm I don't really know what else to say.

Here's a few pictures!

S400002.jpg

S400003.jpg

S400006.jpg

And it's first kill, a fly:

S400009.jpg

I've got one, it's really good, i've nailed plenty of rabbits, pigeons and tree rats with it.

It's very accurate and quite quiet with the air arms silencer, although i've heard that the are quieter silencers out there, filling it is a easy, it takes about 5 minutes with the pump, ermm I don't really know what else to say.

Here's a few pictures!

S400002.jpg

S400003.jpg

S400006.jpg

And it's first kill, a fly:

S400009.jpg

Oh you rotten sod :lol: