Olympic Skeet......

Evil Elvis

<_< After the disastrous non-event at bisley sunday morning mungler and i went to the dog and partridge shoot at brentwood, and now wished we hadnt, what a load of ****.

So we went to do some skeet at my club, only, they were all practicing for some big comp coming up. So me and Munglar had a go on the olympic skeet range, 3 lads showed us round and after me and andy got our eye on about the 3-4 stand they started giving each other funny looks and whispering, we cleaned right up until the last stand in the middle, blink....and its past you lol.

We did a second round and i managed 20 ex 25 which I was well chuffed with, Mungler didnt count his but it was around the same, i even managed to hit one of the nasty fast ones at the end, very enjoyable!!!! Thanks for the day Andy and lunch....top geezer!!!!

i have never even tried shooting gun down before, but will from now on!!!! :lol:

I used to shoot a bit of Olympic Skeet at Holland & Hollands a few years back, it was very hard, considering it was all gun down, plus the variable delay on the button made it even harder.

I got to know Ken Harman and Paul Bentley pretty well as a result of it, they're both damn good OS shots and I think they've both shot in the Olympics over the years.

Olympic Skeet doesn't have a very big following in the UK, probably because it's so damn hard, your 20 ex 25 was a very good score for a "first timer".

Cat.

<_< It was challenging so i was well chuffed with my score, considering how rubbish i shot the day before, you're right about that delay mullarkey, i shouted pull twice on more than one occasion lol!!!!! munglar was his usual enigmatic clay smashing self, but he even cracked a grin and muttered something about doing it again and challenging etc!!!!

Probably would be able to beat it again lol!!!!! :lol:

20 is good going. I have shot it quite a bit and I am normaly quite pleased with 20.

I was told of a young Keeper at our local club had never shot skeet in his life and he cleaned it first time round!! Not sure if it was on olympic setting or on english but even still that is quite a feet.

Dave

:lol: After the disastrous non-event at bisley sunday morning mungler and i went to the dog and partridge shoot at brentwood, and now wished we hadnt, what a load of ****.

Is this the one behind the pub on the A128? If so I tried it once, all manual traps (all the same angle) and a small DTL layout - never went back <_<

Well done on the Olympic skeet. A Couple of rounds at Dartford recently taught me a lesson - the target released on Pull got me every time as I was expecting the delay, got the reaction speed of a dead turtle ;) Top sport but one I'll just have a bash at every now and then.

<_< yeah, thats the one, they have a few more automatic traps now but still a pile of poop!!!!!! :lol:

I thought they ALL had a 3 second delay, i didn't realise it was variable, until i started using the buttons DOH!! As far as reaction times are concerned, i suprised myself....wouldnt like to try it after a night duty though.........

i will defo be having another go!!! Mungler and myself were talking about the dartford one yesterday...we may have to give it a look in......

first time i shot it was at gloucester skeet club and did a 23ex25.

cant say it remotely interested me though. its merely a way of making a a discipline thats too easy (skeet) and making it hard by shooting gun down, adding a bit more speed and a variable delay. seems utterly pointless to me and almost turning it into trick shooting. its all about getting the gun mount right rather than reading a target. if they wanted to make skeet harder all they needed to do is move the traps 20+ yards out and shoot it normally.

first time i shot it was at gloucester skeet club and did a 23ex25.

cant say it remotely interested me though. its merely a way of making a a discipline thats too easy (skeet) and making it hard by shooting gun down, adding a bit more speed and a variable delay. seems utterly pointless to me and almost turning it into trick shooting. its all about getting the gun mount right rather than reading a target. if they wanted to make skeet harder all they needed to do is move the traps 20+ yards out and shoot it normally.

<_<:lol:;) and the grumpy prize goes to Emmsy :good:

I've shot Olympic Skeet once and I was officially **** at it and respect to anyone that shoot a good score.

If you think English Skeet is easy how about shooting it standing on one leg, do you think it would catch on? :good:

Yes, Emmsy's made the same generalised sweeping statement that Digweed made after winning a marathon 475 straight shoot off, beating Peter Theobald a few years back in the Brish Open.

The big fella did not exactly endear himself to the regular skeet shooting fraternity by loudly proclaiming "skeet is easy", as he received the winners cup.

It gave that other skeet shooting legend, Johnnie Walker, immense satisfaction to rub Diggy's nose in it when he beat him in another shoot off 3 or 4 years ago, obviously Diggy didn't find it quite that "easy" on that occasion..??

The fact is that no individual skeet target can be classed as hard. Most half decent Sporting shots should be embarrassed by missing one, however what is hard is maintaining the nerve and composure to shoot 25, 50, 75 and then 100 straight.

As Pin correctly said in an earlier post, its more of a "mind game", and skeet targets may be easy, but skeet shooting certainly isn't.

Cat.

The fact is that no individual skeet target can be classed as hard. Most half decent Sporting shots should be embarrassed by missing one, however what is hard is maintaining the nerve and composure to shoot 25, 50, 75 and then 100 straight.

As Pin correctly said in an earlier post, its more of a "mind game", and skeet targets may be easy, but skeet shooting certainly isn't.

Cat.

yes quite true, i for one could do to shoot a season or 2 at skeet or dtl to help with concentration as my trouble is i get bored too easily. other problem is that because i have shot the targets before i dont tend to swing the gun and chop / intercept everthing going back to my lazy shooting.

:(