struggling!!!!!!!!!!!

rubble_1978

not bothered about cost just want a good quality domed pellet. iv been advized that the lighter the pellet

the better performance ill get. assuming this is true who makes a good light pellet? :lol::lol:

still aint got a crow!!!!! :lol::P

but i tell you, once i figure the vermin out britain aint gonna have a crow population!!! :rolleyes::lol:

no offense to the above but I personally would never use pointed pellets because they are '****' (sorry). Pellet weight does actually make quite a bit of difference to the muzzle energy produces. As a general rule, If you are using a springer, then a lighter pellet will be produzing more muzzle energy (ft/lbs) whereas if you are using a PCP then a heavier pellet will give you more ft/lbs. In my Ranger, if I use Logun Penetrators at 9.5 grains, I will get 11.4 ft/lbs. If I use Air Arms Field at 8.44grains, I will get 10.3ftlbs which is quite a bit of difference if you aske me, definetly enough to affect the trajectory of the pellet.

If you are using a springer then my advice would be to try either Air Arms Field or JSB Exacts. Both of these are 8.44 grains and normally group well in most rifles.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Edited by henry d

Air Arms Field @ 16.40 grns

Crossman acupel @ 14 grns

Very rare to see negative views on these two brands :( :rolleyes:

I can only comment from over 7 years with a over the limit rifle and the lighter the pellet the flatter the trajectory but what ever pellet you decide upon it must group well in your set up regardless of trajectory .

Paulos .........you must be the only person known to man to have a positive opinion on pointed pellets B)

Just for a laugh try Eley wasp 5.6mm, and Marksman domes. They are pretty cheap and shoot well from guns like yours. I'll also back up the Accupels statement above, they're good pellets. Throw your Milbros in the bin, they really are *****. I stopped using them when one jammed up my barrel, the inconsistency in manufacture is second to none and I've never used a worse quality pellet. For the price per pellet, the more expensive ones are well worth the cost. An air gun is always going to be cheap to run, there's no point skimping on quality to save a few pennies. Don't bother with pointed pellets, if the tip of the point gets deformed in the tin (even slightly) they will never group well. My all time favourite pellet is the Accupel.

Air Arms Field @ 16.40 grns

Crossman acupel @ 14 grns

Very rare to see negative views on these two brands :( :rolleyes:

I can only comment from over 7 years with a over the limit rifle and the lighter the pellet the flatter the trajectory but what ever pellet you decide upon it must group well in your set up regardless of trajectory .

Paulos .........you must be the only person known to man to have a positive opinion on pointed pellets B)

Nowt wrong with quality pointed pellets

H&N pointed and the old Silver Jet (v heavy) were superb

there you go Paulos we are now a club

TP

we could get t-shirts! :rolleyes:

i really dont know what the problem is that people see in them, i sometimes think that people just jump on whatever bandwagon the airgun world and airgunner crew get on and follow it blindly. :mad: obviously if people have bad experiences with them themselves then fair enough, but i feel many just dismiss things or do things on the say so of whatever ponytailed nerd is writing that month B)

no offense to anybody, just my humble opinion :(

we could get t-shirts! :rolleyes:

i really dont know what the problem is that people see in them, i sometimes think that people just jump on whatever bandwagon the airgun world and airgunner crew get on and follow it blindly. :lol: obviously if people have bad experiences with them themselves then fair enough, but i feel many just dismiss things or do things on the say so of whatever ponytailed nerd is writing that month :mad:

no offense to anybody, just my humble opinion :(

Fair comment I suppose, i've never tried them myself but have heard nothing but bad things said about them (mainly on here). But having not tried them, I guess im not really in a position to comment on how they perform.

I use bis mags in my S200 and they go pellet on pellet with a right smack aswell B)