Question time

The Heron

There may be people living in Cities who do not know that and probably don't know what a farmer is anyway.  Like the woman asking if quail had four legs.

Believe me they are about.  I remember quite a few years ago at an inner London school question time when some early teen kids where asked where their milk came from and NON said a cow. All thought it was made in a factory like soft drinks.   Some where taken out to a farm and where speechless when they saw open fields and animals etc.   That is scary.

Edited by Walker570

City folks these days despise the Cockie
Say with subsidies and dole, we've had it easy
But there's no drought or starving stock on a sewered suburban block
But it's nearly over now, and now I'm easy.

a Cockie is a smaller farmer just trying to make a living . A few lines  taken from a song by Eric Bogle . Called " now I'm easy " 

13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

There may be people living in Cities who do not know that and probably don't know what a farmer is anyway.  Like the woman asking if quail had four legs.

Believe me they are about.  I remember quite a few years ago at an inner London school question time when some early teen kids where asked where their milk came from and NON said a cow. All thought it was made in a factory like soft drinks.   Some where taken out to a farm and where speechless when they saw open fields and animals etc.   That is scary.

I've lived around and worked in and around farms all my life I remember at school we were going to have sex lessons and there was much trepidation amongst parents and teachers I found it hilarious 😂 I had seen birth life and death on a large scale long before, then I have never forgotten the beauty of birth and the sadness of death I consider myself very lucky. 

12 hours ago, The Heron said:

I've lived around and worked in and around farms all my life I remember at school we were going to have sex lessons and there was much trepidation amongst parents and teachers I found it hilarious 😂 I had seen birth life and death on a large scale long before, then I have never forgotten the beauty of birth and the sadness of death I consider myself very lucky. 

Yes to that , love lambing  time , feel very sorry for the pet lambs though . They get so used to man . Watching the sillage cut , and the young tractor driver stacking it , brave lad .

DSC_0008_1-1500x1000.JPG