Plasticy stock

kiddy1

emm i think its synthetic... yet the forend is proper wood. Is the only solution a new stock?

so its synthetic, it wont turn into wood by itself, exactly what are you looking for, what do you want to do, maybe thats the question you need to ask.

you can buy blanks from browning, you can buy finished ready to fit from browning, check on the website for the make and model you want, but remember it wont be cheap, from memory a stock can run you anywhere from $500 up pending quality and style.

Martin

Ok spent close to £600 on a Browning and it has a ****ty plastic feeling stock... Is that just the finish of what? Is there anything i can do without having to buy a new stock?

Did you not see in the shop that it had a ****ty plastic stock before you handed out £600 :lol::lol:

This has to be a wind up?? :lol: Paying £600 for a rubbish stock and then not really knowing if it's synthetic or wood?!? :)

Nah....Kiddy must have been a former carp angler... ;):yes::yes:

This has to be a wind up?? :lol: Paying £600 for a rubbish stock and then not really knowing if it's synthetic or wood?!? :good:

Nah....Kiddy must have been a former carp angler... ;);):D

Ah Ha.............But has he got a bad memory...........and repeats what he has just said :lol::lol: :lol:

you guys are ******* hillarious.....

That aint goin to get u to far :lol: Sod all you can do if you dont like the synthetic stock bit pointless buying a new wooden stock if its going to cost you 80% of the value of your gun.Thats if this aint a cock and bull story i have never heard of a gun with a real wood forend and a synthetic stock bit odd really :lol:

you guys are ******* hillarious.....

That aint goin to get u to far :lol: Sod all you can do if you dont like the synthetic stock bit pointless buying a new wooden stock if its going to cost you 80% of the value of your gun.Thats if this aint a cock and bull story i have never heard of a gun with a real wood forend and a synthetic stock bit odd really :lol:

in his defence, they did, berreta made a number of guns with a plastic/synthetic coating over the stock and a wooden forend back a while.

the 390 also had an option of a syn-stock of which i have one with a wooden forend, kinda junky but shoots well enough.

i also think, again in his defence, hes a little ticked off at having the **** taken out of him, maybe we can cut a little slack and help him out, after all, we all started out wrong beofore we became experts right.

so kiddy what gun did you purchase ?? it may also be a coated stock, again which i beleive are not unpopular with hunters across the world, they tend to take a beating better than most.

im waiting :lol:??

Martin