Full body decoys wanted

everycal

I am looking for a few full body decoys to play around with and turn into lofting decoys. 
a. Has anyone done this and have any tips?

b. If anyone is selling and around Leicester please let me know. Can collect when everything has calmed down if they can’t be posted. 

Thanks

14 minutes ago, lukepulford said:

I am looking for a few full body decoys to play around with and turn into lofting decoys. 
a. Has anyone done this and have any tips?

b. If anyone is selling and around Leicester please let me know. Can collect when everything has calmed down if they can’t be posted. 

Thanks

I found that using the weighted loops, after a while the slot in the bottom of the decoy became enlarged causing the decoy to become 'floppy'. This I solved by filling them with expanding foam thus creating a new fixing for the point of the loop, if that makes sense.

Also I now use a homemade wire cradle taking just two decoys with a looped (upturned U) that pushes into the foam. This is left in the top section and further sections added as the pole goes up through the branches, made easier by resting on a branch on the way up. I now can loft up to ten sections i.e 50 foot with the pole left in position. Normally a standard set of poles using five decoys and loops hoist the decoys up to about 33 feet ( 25 feet plus about 7 at a stretch).

I've found that just two decoys hoisted to a higher level are more visible and effective than five lower down. 30 odd feet up into a tree sometimes is just not enough.

The pole leaning up against the tree doesn't appear to put the pigeons off.

I hope that the above makes sense and is of some help.

OB

59 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, do you mean on poles or tree lofters?    essex keeper on here put a post up on doing this, made the lofting hooks, search for his post, other PW members gave some good info to

Yes I was meaning ones as described below that you hook into the trees branches. I’ll look for that post. Thanks. 

Thanks for the replies! Just need to get some decoys now. 

21 minutes ago, lukepulford said:

Yes I was meaning ones as described below that you hook into the trees branches. I’ll look for that post. Thanks. 

Thanks for the replies! Just need to get some decoys now. 

hello, we get discount with A 1 decoys, all my full body pigeon deeks are flocked, although last ones i purchased came from Decathlon, you can make the hooks from strong type wire coat hangers, your need a pole to loft these up, theres a few good ideas to make some or cheap alternatives

Edited by oldypigeonpopper