Snipe

Lloyd90

• 7 months later...

I knew Peter Blackburn and first met him in 1980 my shooting friend’s and I stopped with him in powfoot for numerous years , wildfowling, rough shooting and generally letting the gun off, we all stayed in the same house with Peter and his lady devina in the early 89ts the cost for a full week full board and tremendous shooting was £150  per week not per day !! Peter was a mind of information and was a great pleasure to have known him and to have experienced it all with him , he was known then as the goose man of the solway powfoot Pete the master a real character once met you could never forget him a very sad day when he departed our lives many hundreds of us wildfowlers have shot with him a truly majic man. My mates and I often talk about the times we had with him , one of the truly best guides the solway have ever had !! Regards John smith 

I've shot a farm with a pond and boggy field where I've seen more smile than anywhere else I've been. Hundreds of them lifted, we were not allowed to shoot them, only ducks off the pond.  Farmers wife liked to watch the snipe 😤 a good days sport could have been had.

Ireland seems to be snipe and woodcock country.

Get a few on our marsh but we leave them be.

• 1 month later...

End of season Blues .

My season has been a real wash out. To start with only on rare occasions can I  get on to this forum. I got a new computer which needed a new email , but this forum would not let me log onto it. But nor would it recognize my old email , but there are just odd times when it changes its mind. But then back to square one.          

As for the season it started with a few mallard and a cracking single high greylag downed with Bismuth 4s in September followed by a couple more mallard and then all my marshes both syndicate, club and private just emptied of duck and geese and I never fired another shot for the remainder of the season. At one stage I went for 1 flights without even seeing a bird and to top it all the pigeon roost shooting was restricted to gunners living in the home village by the lock down and my shooting for the winter finished. Doubly annoying because my dog has finished her training stage , performed quite well , but is at the stage where what she needs is experience. Lets hope we can pick up the threads again next season without any problems. On a brighter side settled in my new home just south of Gt Yarmouth and love  to be back in the area I grew up in.

14 hours ago, Norfolk wildfowler said:

End of season Blues .

My season has been a real wash out. To start with only on rare occasions can I  get on to this forum. I got a new computer which needed a new email , but this forum would not let me log onto it. But nor would it recognize my old email , but there are just odd times when it changes its mind. But then back to square one.          

As for the season it started with a few mallard and a cracking single high greylag downed with Bismuth 4s in September followed by a couple more mallard and then all my marshes both syndicate, club and private just emptied of duck and geese and I never fired another shot for the remainder of the season. At one stage I went for 1 flights without even seeing a bird and to top it all the pigeon roost shooting was restricted to gunners living in the home village by the lock down and my shooting for the winter finished. Doubly annoying because my dog has finished her training stage , performed quite well , but is at the stage where what she needs is experience. Lets hope we can pick up the threads again next season without any problems. On a brighter side settled in my new home just south of Gt Yarmouth and love  to be back in the area I grew up in.

To add to your blues I think you have posted in the wrong thread perhaps you wanted it in end of season thread