noisy planes

dodgy dave

Quite ironic, shooting folk now complaining about noise. With a return to some normality on the horizon, we will realize how noisy the world was. 

There could be a lot of adjusting to do.

There will be alot who want there normal back, whilst getting irritated by others. 

Its going to get interesting.

42 minutes ago, jpigeon3 said:

Quite ironic, shooting folk now complaining about noise. With a return to some normality on the horizon, we will realize how noisy the world was. 

There could be a lot of adjusting to do.

There will be alot who want there normal back, whilst getting irritated by others. 

Its going to get interesting.

hello, already started, bikers on their day out sounding like a sherman tank and young petrol heads with souped up motors  sounding like 2 sherman tanks

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, already started, bikers on their day out sounding like a sherman tank and young petrol heads with souped up motors  sounding like 2 sherman tanks

Already started,

Do you mean the moaning about the noise, or people trying to get some normality back by doing what they enjoy.

Im guessing by your name that your hobby is also noisy.

Edited by jpigeon3

26 minutes ago, jpigeon3 said:

Already started,

Do you mean the moaning about the noise, or people trying to get some normality back by doing what they enjoy.

Im guessing by your name that your hobby is also noisy.

hello, ah i had another post kinda say i was a victor meldrew, well i consider these types of vehicles noisy specially when going through a built up area, and most are over 77dB, as for me i do not consider my hobby noisy when i am out in a field a long way from any houses, but then i rarely shoot these days, maybe i should change my PW name

I clocked up just over 20,000 hours of piloting before I retired.   (That's about two and a quarter years I think).   That means that I made a lot of noise for a lot of time.   For those I annoyed - I apologise.   For those I pleased - It was my pleasure.    For those I was ready to defend - It was my job.   For those who I took to and fro on holiday - I hope you enjoyed flights and hols.   For those who received the packages I collected from all over the world - I hope your goods were as you expected and on time.   I enjoyed every moment of it.

For all of those in aviation who have already lost, and all those who shortly will loose, your jobs - I am very sorry for you and wish you luck in your search for new employment.

Bad news from Rolls Royce Aero Engines this morning. 

Edited by Grandalf

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ah i had another post kinda say i was a victor meldrew, well i consider these types of vehicles noisy specially when going through a built up area, and most are over 77dB, as for me i do not consider my hobby noisy when i am out in a field a long way from any houses, but then i rarely shoot these days, maybe i should change my PW name

I think we all have a touch of the meldrew about us. 

The point i was getting at is that being a small island we are going to occasionaly get in each others way. So we meed to show a bit of compromise towards others, which has been missing in the past. I think people have gotten use to a get what i want when i want world and dont understand it cant always go your way. Like the lady on the beach with her tesco comment.

Things are annoying at times and if too frequent or stupid should be delt with, and some people need to take a bit of responsibility for there actions.

Fast driving in built up areas is one of these. 

As for the future with the lack of shopping centres and hundreds of thousands of holiday makers not going away this year it will get worse. The false reality of the internet will drive those people to do outdoor activities which we dont have the space or facilities to cater for them.

Then the fun begins.

Dont change your name though, you are an oldypigeonpopper, and i hope you have many more years being it.

As long as no one complains