gained my first permission

FBF

im over the moon, a local farmer who i know through a line of 2 other guys has agreed to let me shoot his 20 acre farm. wants me to target the tree rats mainly but he's told me there are too many foxes and rabbits in certain areas. doesnt seem to have a pigeon problem either.

i have 2 other permissions im chasing right now but this is my first and hes willing to let me cut my teeth on his land. any advice to a newb would be appreciated. i take it i need written permission and im about the join the BASC, any other tips for me? is it inconciderate to go late at night? etc i dont want to ruin this

cant wait to get out there.

FBF,

Fill in your profile, many members won't talk to those from never never land.

The best advice I can give on new permissions is always to keep closely in touch with the Farmer, let him know when you're about, don't interrupt him when he's repairing his combine in the middle of a field of overdue wheat, always clear up after you, and make sure you drop him a bottle of the finest malt at Christmas time.

Don't go night shooting unless you're absolutely sure of the terrain, otherwise you could end up with egg on your face having rolled your 4X4 into a ditch, that's the best way to upset your new found Farmer friend when you ask him for a pull out at 2.30 in the morning..!!

It's as easy as that, once you get to know your Farmer well, you can tap up all of his neighbours to gain even more shooting.

Cat.

Well done, nice to see a success posted here rather than the usual "need land" fodder.

Wise words from Cat, look after the farmer, leave nothing but footprints on his land and if you see something that doesn't look right either fix it or let him know (broken gate / stray animal / suspicious folk etc).

Do right by him and you will have shooting there for life :good:

thanks one and all, keep any advice coming if you have it. its thanks to this very forum that i worked out the best way to go about getting permission and today i remembered an old friend who has bought a farm, so im going to try him next. after all this effort i hope im good enough to bag a few.

thanks one and all, keep any advice coming if you have it. its thanks to this very forum that i worked out the best way to go about getting permission and today i remembered an old friend who has bought a farm, so im going to try him next. after all this effort i hope im good enough to bag a few.

just spoke to the local FAC officer and he tells me the farm is actually 220 acres not 20 as i first guessed... yee hawww! its amazing that no one else has been and asked for permission really.

just spoke to the local FAC officer and he tells me the farm is actually 220 acres not 20 as i first guessed... yee hawww! its amazing that no one else has been and asked for permission really.

Congratulations! I am in the process of looking for shooting permission myself and it's good to hear a sucess story :oops:

Sounds like good advice from the other members :lol: