Covid death statistics

Walker570

3 hours ago, AVB said:

I don’t think that is the case anymore. See link

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/post-mortem/

Yes, it says so in there "if the cause of death is unknown" that means undiagnosed before the event,.in practice, any form of sudden death has to be reported to the coroner

it has been the subject of quite a lot of discussion, people saying relatives who clearly didn't die of covid being recorded as covid. That way the body can be released directly to the undertaker and by passes the red tape.

Edited by Vince Green

On 09/12/2020 at 20:25, Scully said:

Whatever happened to good old ‘natural causes’ ? 🙂

Exactly.  My father got up one morning and rang his neighbour and said I don't feel very well. She went round, rang the doctor and he died in the chair he was sitting on there and then with the Doctor in attendance. Only 78ysr but the family Doctor just wrote in natural causes job done.

My wife's Uncle Mike who lived in Canada had a fall at home a few weeks back. He's in his 80s so they took him to hospital for a checkover. The only thing he said hurt was his hand so they x-rayed it, gave him the all clear and sent him home. He was dead the next morning. 

They've just produced the results of the autopsy and he apparently bled to death internally due to some blood thinning agent he'd been taking for years. You'd think someone would have checked his records before discharging him.

At least they didn't put it down as covid.

Unfortunately his 8 brothers and sisters won't be able to go to the funeral as none live in Canada.