Knife collectors

Centrepin

Found yesterday at the bottom of an old leather hunting bag I was given. No sheath but well wrapped and loved at some time in the past - maybe. 

Jowika Solingen Germany

Etched blade, looks a nice pattern. Well worn, quite sharp still but would take an edge. I'm sure its genuine something handle🤔🤣 maybe bone, maybe some kind of horn?. Eagle head, according to the grandkids it looks like a character off Angry birds movie.

I have absolutely no idea of anything relating to this knife or its value. I neither need it or want it.

In accordance with forum rules I have to state a price.

£50 posted.

But feel free to make an offer of what you would feel comfortable paying.

20201217_165938.jpg

20201217_165913.jpg

20201217_165851.jpg

20201217_165824.jpg

20201217_165804.jpg

20201217_165741.jpg

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

interesting..........looks like a quality hunting knife that has been retro fitted with a germanic eagles head...........1st world war trench art ????

No idea mucker, when I first saw it I thought it was Hitler Youth till I realised the guy in the etching is waving a hat, not giving a nazi salute. It was in an old leather tank shell bag, used as a hunting bag. Knife was well wrapped in oiled cloth, but bag was mouldy and everything else in it rotten.

I've been given quite a lot of worthless or semi worthless stuff to sort.

I have some 1940s/50s possibly older tools to sort in several old tool boxes plus a few bags of "stuff" destined for landfill. Most of it can go as I have no sentimental reasons to keep. 

My favourite so far is a hobbing foot and a very old dirty gunmakers screwdriver. Oh and some scrap gold rings cut in half🤔

12 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

No idea mucker, when I first saw it I thought it was Hitler Youth till I realised the guy in the etching is waving a hat, not giving a nazi salute. It was in an old leather tank shell bag, used as a hunting bag. Knife was well wrapped in oiled cloth, but bag was mouldy and everything else in it rotten.

I've been given quite a lot of worthless or semi worthless stuff to sort.

I have some 1940s/50s possibly older tools to sort in several old tool boxes plus a few bags of "stuff" destined for landfill. Most of it can go as I have no sentimental reasons to keep. 

My favourite so far is a hobbing foot and a very old dirty gunmakers screwdriver. Oh and some scrap gold rings cut in half🤔

Well it will stop you trawling the internet for all that carp you've been posting!

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well it will stop you trawling the internet for all that carp you've been posting!

Nah thats finished anyway, an old mucker from moons ago recently retired and spent his days sending them to me, well the ones I could post anyway. Now at 70 odd he's just taken a new assignment in Africa for 3 months hunting poachers😂

This brand marked Germany (no Germany marked items for domestic market) on knives only for export I believe post ww2 ( attempt to play on market for war stuff post east/west divide) they also had a licenced factory in Ireland. It’s possible this is 1960/1970 knife. Still unusual item. 

7 hours ago, Richard308 said:

This brand marked Germany (no Germany marked items for domestic market) on knives only for export I believe post ww2 ( attempt to play on market for war stuff post east/west divide) they also had a licenced factory in Ireland. It’s possible this is 1960/1970 knife. Still unusual item. 

The 1960/70 could be possible as I have no memory of this knife and it belonged supposedly to my Grandad, passed to my father who let most of grandads stuff rot.

My father died on Wednesday and I've been given the rubbish that's going to landfill to sort for anything I want. If the knife was 60s/70s new i would have no knowledge of it i was dis owned by then.

1 minute ago, Richard308 said:

Sorry for your loss. Tough time for you and your family. Could be late 40’s 50’s too. Definitely post war. Be nice conversation piece to keep

Thanks but no loss, long boring story. Miss my grandad more, but this knife I've never seen before, despite it being in one of his old bags.