Browning Ultra XS

ph5172

i have one, three yr old, prob 15/20 thousand shells through it has never missed a beat

needed a bit of length in the stock for me

watch out for the Midas chokes as they stick very easily/quickly, mine are stuck, really do need taking out and wiping down after every shoot, i've heard several owners have suffered from this

£900 is a good price if it is in good nick and is the XS with adjustable stock and not the standard Ultra which dosn't

buy with confidence :/ B)

TP

I bought one when they first came out because i always wanted a browning but they just didnt fit me....this came with the adjustable stock B)

had it for a few years now....never let me down once.....shoots great only thing i did was to put on a kickeeze pad.....

yup i would def recommend them.....but make sure it comes with the aluminium case because they did!!.....

BUY IT!!! you wont be dissapointed...... :/

£900 is a good price if its in good nick......

shaun

I bought one when they first came out. Nice gun handled well, the stock on mine was probably a tad too long, but thats a personal thing. The only problem I had was the firing pins. After about 3000 cartridges, sometimes the bottom barrel didn't fire. Both firing pins were replaced and the gunsmith told that it was not uncommon.

I changed the gun for a Caesar Guerini, just because I liked the look of them. That has performed superbly and I love it.

Had quite a few Brownings and currently have an XS 32" with Trap forend, plus a GTi and an MK38. If it is the adjustable stock - £900 is a steal. If it is in good nick - buy it. You won't see many at that price. A mate bought one for £200. Chokes were seized in, stock and forend finish was garbage, rusty outside barrels and pitted near ejectors, plus needed barrels reblueing. You can get them for less than £1100 / £1200, but you get what you pay for.

I have owned Browning A1, B125 (F1), 325 x 2, 525 Sporter, 525 Advance Trap, GTi. XT, Miroku MK38 x 2, Miroku 3800. XS is best - I think they are brilliant.