McPlant Burger

Smokersmith

23 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Erm … because they’ll sell millions of them and make a fortune … ?

The burgers that hit my BBQ have all been shot and minced by myself, but that doesn’t stop me keeping pace with a changing world and having a McBacon roll on the way back from the marsh.

This. I eat ( mostly ) good quality meat from my local butcher, but am not averse to scoffing down a McDonalds or a bargain bucket when the need arises. 🙂

I’ll even munch a chicken bake on my way to pick up materials if it’s that time of day! 

14 hours ago, bostonmick said:

Vegetable burgers ,sausages etc cannot taste better than the real thing they are a imitation of the real thing.through additives they may taste similar but never better.beef is beef and cabbage is cabbage.mr packham and the like will be so happy that as you are all enjoying the veggie life no doubt you will stop shooting game now and go cauli hunting instead.😁

LOL!

On 17/10/2021 at 16:01, Walker570 said:

I try very hard not to eat in any fast food outlets.  I don't believe I have ever been in a McDonalds and always found an alternative.  I make my own burgers and had a young chap and his lady come for a barbie this summer and he devoured three in quick succession saying he had never tasted better. 50% sirloin beef  50% muntie backstrap course ground one apple chopped  smoked bacon ground on the course setting with the beef and venison and seasoning salt and Tony C's Cajun mix.  Adding the apple keeps the burgers really moist.  I use a burger press and fill and compress to about an inch and a quarter thick.  Seared on the hottest part of the grill both sides then ease them back and cook till just pale pink. 

Shouldn't have revealed that sir. Any dribbles by your doorstep will be entirely unintentional.😇