Churchill Hercules

mellors

FWIW unless it has to be, must be, a Churchill and a Hercules I say that in "25" guns the AyA is better value and that in Churchill XXV guns the easy opener aka Churchill Utility (I have both handled and shot with one) is the better choice. Last unless absolutely definite on it must be twenty-five inches I'd certainly never ever discount anything twenty-six inches. Indeed being very unfashionable it's a buyer's market for twenty-six inch barrel guns.

Edited by enfieldspares

6 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

FWIW unless it has to be, must be, a Churchill and a Hercules I say that in "25" guns the AyA is better value and that in Churchill XXV guns the easy opener aka Churchill Utility (I have both handled and shot with one) is the better choice. Last unless absolutely definite on it must be twenty-five inches I'd certainly never ever discount anything twenty-six inches. Indeed being very unfashionable it's a buyer's market for twenty-six inch barrel guns.

Thanks. 

I have a friend looking for one i said i would ask on here. 

The hercules can come in easy opener apparently there highest grade boxlock. 

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Lord! £7,700? Someone is having a laugh! That's Purdey money or Churchill Premiere money...there's a PAIR of Premiere in Holt's standing at £3000 presently bid. £7,700? A joke! Or as they say in Yorkshire....daft!

Certainly are. 

Apparently it's being sold for a customer who wants far too much for it.