Pigeon shooting pictures

PeterHenry

Hello, good to see Peter, that pigeon carrier looks heavy, I picked up something similar in China many years ago , they use it to carry fish but makes a good rabbit carrier, it has 5 holders, I was going to import Chinese goods years ago but then along came AliExpress 🤔😁 nice photo of 4 chimneys 🤔😁

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, good to see Peter, that pigeon carrier looks heavy, I picked up something similar in China many years ago , they use it to carry fish but makes a good rabbit carrier, it has 5 holders, I was going to import Chinese goods years ago but then along came AliExpress 🤔😁 nice photo of 4 chimneys 🤔😁

Thanks - and yes, it was heavy. I always forget quite how heavy until I have to carry it full - and with my landover out of action - it was quite a lump over a couple of feilds.

The chimneys are on my freinds farm house on the farm I was shooting on - I don't think the photo has a high enough resolution, but none of them are the same - there's a similar approach taken with a number of tinkered with Fordson Majors / Power Majors / Super Majors that are liberally dotted around the place as well, which I quite like.

Edited by PeterHenry

Hello, I like them old farm houses, looks like Edwardian / Victorian , there's one on my friends farm but it's private owned,  it was all part of a very large estate around 10, 000 plus acres until it was sold off in lots , theirs is around 1,200 acres , mostly arable with a beef herd and about 60 sheep, it's my place to get out of Town 😁

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I like them old farm houses, looks like Edwardian / Victorian , there's one on my friends farm but it's private owned,  it was all part of a very large estate around 10, 000 plus acres until it was sold off in lots , theirs is around 1,200 acres , mostly arable with a beef herd and about 60 sheep, it's my place to get out of Town 😁

I think this one is probably a bit older than that - at one point it had a thatched roof and there are a fair amount of very big beams in some of the exposed internal walls. It looks from the front like it's been timbered originally but then bricked up - at least in part. It looks like it's just been added to and added to over the years.

Your freinds farm sounds very nice - nothing beats getting out of town and into the country.

Edited by PeterHenry

16 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

I think this one is probably a bit older than that - at one point it had a thatched roof and there are a fair amount of very big beams in some of the exposed internal walls. It looks from the front like it's been timbered originally but then bricked up - at least in part. It looks like it's just been added to and added to over the years.

Your freinds farm sounds very nice - nothing beats getting out of town and into the country.

Hello, it is but like many parts of UK needs some rain to green up the fields,  they should have cut all the beans and wheat by tomorrow or Wednesday  my next visit👍

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it is but like many parts of UK needs some rain to green up the fields,  they should have cut all the beans and wheat by tomorrow or Wednesday  my next visit👍

👍

31 minutes ago, marsh man said:

A nice set of photo's and I love the ole farm house .

Thanks, much appreciated 👍