Sea Eagle bird flu

islandgun

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Someone asked a few weeks ago if there was any news of Sea eagles and BF, clearly it was only a matter of time. Sadly I'm seeing large numbers of Gannets and other sea birds dead on the shore...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-62673694

Only the other day in our local paper they were saying the ministry or whoever dish out the rules have relaxed the restrictions to the next level ,then yes you have guessed right a chicken farm had some sick chickens that turned out to be the bird flu and all of them had to be culled , then yesterday I was talking to girl who work down the sea front and a visitor brought her a sickly looking Mallard that was laying in the grass near the Water Ways , as the vets was on her way home she dropped it off and that was another case of the bird flu , she was given a load of spray to use on the shed where it was kept and also her car .

Could be this virus is getting out of control .

51 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Only the other day in our local paper they were saying the ministry or whoever dish out the rules have relaxed the restrictions to the next level ,then yes you have guessed right a chicken farm had some sick chickens that turned out to be the bird flu and all of them had to be culled , then yesterday I was talking to girl who work down the sea front and a visitor brought her a sickly looking Mallard that was laying in the grass near the Water Ways , as the vets was on her way home she dropped it off and that was another case of the bird flu , she was given a load of spray to use on the shed where it was kept and also her car .

Could be this virus is getting out of control .

Theres a link with the link I posted, suggesting an avian pandemic ! Lets hope not,  How many pinks, widgeon etc overwinter here ?

Edited by islandgun

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2022 at 19:16, islandgun said:

Someone asked a few weeks ago if there was any news of Sea eagles and BF, clearly it was only a matter of time. Sadly I'm seeing large numbers of Gannets and other sea birds dead on the shore...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-62673694

A few weeks back I was on holiday on the Fife coast within eye shot of the Bass Rock.  The number of dead gannets along the coastline was shocking to see.