Auto Glass TV Add

countryman

We can fix your chip for as little as £10, yer right, I filled out there on line form, my chip is just a bit above there smallest scale, they called me back £260, what about for as little £10 I said, ow that’s only if your going through your insurance. 

Edited by countryman

46 minutes ago, countryman said:

We can fix your chip for as little as £10, yer right, I filled out there on line form, my chip is just a bit above there smallest scale, they called me back £260, what about for as little £10 I said, ow that’s only if your going through your insurance. 

And, of course, what then happens later on is that your insurance premium rises (on many policies) as it is deemed to have been a claim. What may be worth doing if you've the time to spend on it is a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority. Finally I think that Autoglass is like ChipsAway a franchise and you may find that it can be done cheaper through the contacts of any garage that usually offers an MoT testing service.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

And, of course, what then happens later on is that your insurance premium rises (on many policies) as it is deemed to have been a claim. What may be worth doing if you've the time to spend on it is a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority. Finally I think that Autoglass is like ChipsAway a franchise and you may find that it can be done cheaper through the contacts of any garage that usually offers an MoT testing service.

I didn’t think about my local garage, I’ll give them a try, I have seen set ups in car parks where they are doing windscreen chips, but when you look for them there never there.

You can buy the kits of eb*y or Amazon for a tenner. Dead easy to do, takes about hour. 

I've done chips / craters in my own windscreens upto about 15mm. Cracks forget it tho. Only thing I've learned when doing one, is really clean the chip out with a Stanley blade, even if it means removing more than intended. 

YouTube it