Freebie!

Scully

4 minutes ago, GaryFitzgerald said:

Hi Scully.

Thanks for offer.. I will take it.. I'm in Cumbria. Just put s2 in for renewal but I have a mate who could put on his ticket and transfers..he is Kendal way...Will you please PM me with your location and we can arrange it..

Cheers

Grand. Will be in touch. 👍

That's absolutely brilliant. what a marvellously generous offer.  How the clan came together to rehome a lost soul.  a bit like a dog whose owner had died.  This thread shows how things have so massively changed in this country.  Back then boys dreamed of having a shotgun and going out to bag a bunny or two.  people only bought and had A, box of cartridges.  Not slabs. you went out with 3 or 4 cartridges in your pocket. lads would start off with a ratty 410 and then on to a single 12 or a basic sbs 12, later when funds permitted a progression onto a better double.  Guns were considered to be a working tool not a fashion accessory. now boys aren't interested in doing anything that involves... well anything.  recently I was with a mate in a shop and there were two blokes in there that asked if the shop would buy in guns from their dad who was having to give up through health and age.  The answer was a definite NO.  the shop didn't even ask what the bloke had got.  The shop showed a large rack of S/H guns that looked brand new. Can't give em away the shop said.  People will buy new but won't look at second had..??  My first was a Wembley 410 bolt action... The DELUX model.  it had a bit of checkering on the forehand and the hand.  then a BSA Snipe.  £10 from a mate at school.  It was a bit cheap but I did shoot well with it and still have memories of a few stunning shots on pigeon.  I then traded EVERYTHING in and a BIG chunk of savings to buy a new Laurona blne sbs.  Then it was on to the holy grail... a double barrel sbs sidelock ejector.  I still have that gun sitting in the cabinet/ room along with a LOT of guns that have come along over the years.  no doubt a lot of them will go to a scrap pile because they have gone out of fashion.  good high quality guns at that.  a crying shame.  That single 12 will give a good account of itself if the owner can shoot.  it could be someones pride and joy.

Edited by Minky

5 hours ago, Minky said:

That's absolutely brilliant. what a marvellously generous offer.  How the clan came together to rehome a lost soul.  a bit like a dog whose owner had died.  This thread shows how things have so massively changed in this country.  Back then boys dreamed of having a shotgun and going out to bag a bunny or two.  people only bought and had A, box of cartridges.  Not slabs. you went out with 3 or 4 cartridges in your pocket. lads would start off with a ratty 410 and then on to a single 12 or a basic sbs 12, later when funds permitted a progression onto a better double.  Guns were considered to be a working tool not a fashion accessory. now boys aren't interested in doing anything that involves... well anything.  recently I was with a mate in a shop and there were two blokes in there that asked if the shop would buy in guns from their dad who was having to give up through health and age.  The answer was a definite NO.  the shop didn't even ask what the bloke had got.  The shop showed a large rack of S/H guns that looked brand new. Can't give em away the shop said.  People will buy new but won't look at second had..??  My first was a Wembley 410 bolt action... The DELUX model.  it had a bit of checkering on the forehand and the hand.  then a BSA Snipe.  £10 from a mate at school.  It was a bit cheap but I did shoot well with it and still have memories of a few stunning shots on pigeon.  I then traded EVERYTHING in and a BIG chunk of savings to buy a new Laurona blne sbs.  Then it was on to the holy grail... a double barrel sbs sidelock ejector.  I still have that gun sitting in the cabinet/ room along with a LOT of guns that have come along over the years.  no doubt a lot of them will go to a scrap pile because they have gone out of fashion.  good high quality guns at that.  a crying shame.  That single 12 will give a good account of itself if the owner can shoot.  it could be someones pride and joy.

Funny you should just post this today; the recipient popped over less than an hour ago, and have transferred the gun over to him. Sorted. 
Thanks all. 👍

• 2 months later...