Chinese diesel heater

B725

Two years ago I purchased a 5kw Chinese diesel heater to try to heat up my 20 x8 shed as an electric fan heater did nothing to warm it. I am extremely pleased with how it's run and never so far gone wrong. On max output it uses half a litre of diesel per hour, I did insulate the roof with foil wrapped insulation you can go in there on a very cold day and within a hour it's warm. Exhaust and combination air is direct from outside so it just recirculates the air inside. Even better is the farm let's me have the diesel so the only cost is ensuring the 12v car battery to operate it is charged. The one I got has 4 outlet connections so I ducted 2 of them to warm the opposite side and give a better distribution of heat.

I have an Eberspacher heater on my boat currently inoperative, The service kit is about the price of the complete Chinese unit, so was thinking to swap (other than I dont like to support China). I am told its best to buy aftermarket exhaust rather than what comes with the kit and also I think (?) that the fuel line is plastic rather than metal? Either way I hear good reports. 

Currently have 2 sat in my workshop waiting to be fitted into my boat and a camper I'm about to build for a mate.

Looked at all options for boat and my own camper and for under £100 there is nothing else worth considering.

As mentioned above the cost of service or repair of others can easily be more than buying the Chinese ones new.

Edd

I recently got one for my garage. It was going to be used for the van but I don't want to lift the ply floor yet and drill holes as I've not had it too long. 

Anyway it cost under £90 for the 8kw lot as eby had 2 vouchers for 10 + 7% off which I could use together 👍

As I realised I wasn't going to use it in the van, I wanted a longer exhaust so I could put it under the shutter door as again I don't want to go drilling holes as I'm in a rented property. An extra £15 for a 2mtr exhaust pipe off Amazon. The battery is a boggo car one but with a spare voltage reader on it so I can see when it's getting too low, I've made a switch for the live so when I leave its not constantly 'on', and when I source a reasonable solar panel I'll have that on a permanent charge cycle so I don't need to top the battery up every other night as it's not in constant use. Pretty much it would be the cost of diesel for the heating. I did wonder about a space heater but the fumes would make it unbearable in such a small environment. 

So far so good, needs a good 10mins before it heats up, quiet apart from the 'tick' from the fuel pump,  I've found its better to have it on low for 15mins, then high for 15mins then back down and my garage is ok and workable although we've only had a few frosts and I've not had it on then. 

I've been using it to dry my work kit which could take days just hanging my ropes and coats up, but 4hrs with this aimed at it using the supplied nozzle and it does the job for about £3 in diesel. As soon as I can get some red obviously that cost will come down. 

In a vehicle I bet this thing would be roasting 

I can see why people are heating all sorts with these.

IMG_20221126_091137.jpg