Electric vehicle Fires

Yellow Bear

On 17/12/2022 at 09:24, Mungler said:

Fair do’s.

I’ve not had a sniff of a problem with mine and I’ve thrashed the life out of it too 😆

On the snow it is quite amazing - the electric gizmos take over. On the first day of snow / ice I took the wife’s X3 into work. Next day I took the iPace. No contest for which was better in the snow.

Back on reliability. That’s a red line for me. As soon as a car becomes unreliable it’s gone.

Friend of a friend got the Porsche electric thingy - said it was like no other driving experience, but the thing kept packing up and locking him out etc  and so it went back. He said it was the both the best car and the worst car he’s ever had. He’s sworn to get one again in the years to come once the gremlins have been ironed out. 

My parents were so happy with the Jag I thought they would keep it. But when it broke down they couldn’t even move it. Recovery had a pig of a job with it. Something to do with the battery charge of the auxiliary battery. After they part exchanged it. Their new purchase had to go back for some pre arranged stuff they wanted. Talking to the sales the jag had done same thing again when a prospective customer wanted to test drive it. 
iirc they said a new battery and electric control module it was all fixed. Hopefully a one off and not s common issue Mungler and yours is perfect during your time with it. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic