Ebay Help Required Please .

marsh man

All these R M one day strikes are now beginning to cause problems , no doubt that was what they were intended to do in the first place .

I have now got three buyers who have all put in a item not received request , two of them were signed for and worth about £50 each and the other one ordinary second class worth about £20 , the three parcels were sent around 29th November , I have sent the three buyers the tracking numbers and a copy of there post office receipt , we have exchange messages in a friendly way and I have agreed to refund them in full if the item haven't been delivered by this coming Sunday which will be about three weeks since the items were posted.

Now would there be any sellers protection if the item was delivered after I have refunded them and they didn't return the payment ?

I cannot expect the buyers to wait any longer than three weeks , so is there any other options open to me and the buyers ?

THANKS again for your help and advice   MM

Yes to future options on listings. Lengthen you "dispatched within x number of working days" tab and furthermore advise IN THE LISTING that owing to postal strikes delivery may be not before xxx date and that the buyer is accepting that they have read that "caveat" when bidding. The description forms part of the contract. 

As to these now sold items I'd use the eBay "chat" facility to talk with an agent. Then at least you've eBay's possible response in writing.

Edited by enfieldspares

6 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Yes to future options on listings. Lengthen you "dispatched within x number of working days" tab and furthermore advise IN THE LISTING that owing to postal strikes delivery may be not before xxx date and that the buyer is accepting that they have read that "caveat" when bidding. The description forms part of the contract. 

As to these now sold items I'd use the eBay "chat" facility to talk with an agent. Then at least you've eBay's possible response in writing.

THANKS for your quick reply  , I will certainly get on the Ebay chat line , the last two parcels I have posted I have told the buyer there is sure to be a delay as there are two more days strike action this week , I have also sent them a copy of the receipt so they can see the ref number and there address , save them keep getting in touch with me , would you know how long you need to wait before you can put a claim in for lost items and is there any compensation for late delivery ?       Regards   John

I think that your local Post Office claim form says how long and, AFAIK, it is the receiver and not the sender who has to claim (or vice versa) but for sure only one can claim. On Special Delivery yes there is. Two levels. On the first the compensation is the sender gets the money back (been there, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt...and the money back). On the second if it still exists there may be consequential loss? On Recorded Delivery I don't think there is any compensation for delay but may be wrong.

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

I think that your local Post Office claim form says how long and, AFAIK, it is the receiver and not the sender who has to claim (or vice versa) but for sure only one can claim. On Special Delivery yes there is. Two levels. On the first the compensation is the sender gets the money back (been there, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt...and the money back). On the second if it still exists there may be consequential loss? On Recorded Delivery I don't think there is any compensation for delay but may be wrong.

THANKS for your help 

I always send in a way that covers the cost of the item even if it means me losing out on a couple of quid. RMSD I think starts at £250 level of compensation and for proof of value you just print out the details from ebay - you should be able to recover the amount for the item plus the postage paid. 

For the 2nd class one I think the max compensation is £24 off the top of my head - did you get a proof of postage for it?

I sold a PSP that was shown as delivered - but the people said they never got it - even went as far as getting the GPS of the device that registered the deliver (that postie carries and bleeps) and it showed a location a couple of hundred foot away from the address. Received the full amount back and I refunded the buyers once I had it.  I still think that they received it and the postie was just bulk processing as the GPS put him on a car park by some shops but hey ho....

Funnily enough I'm a buyer suffering a late delivery. What with the strikes and snow I doubt I'll see the postie for a couple more days.

Having watched the tracking on another item that did arrive late it would seem 2nd class post is much slower than normal. I expect the RM mainly concentrate on first class items so wouldn't suggest posting stuff 2nd class at the moment.