GEESE!!!!!!!!

jonnybgood

Well last week pickfeet started feeding on our oat stubble- in there thousands- i think every goose on the estuary was having there breakfast on our stubble!!! So me and me m8 decoyed them last saturday morning. we got to the field at about 6:45 am and set up a dozen decoys about 30 yards from the hedge line, we got into place (between the hedge and a fence) and waited from the geese-they started moving at about 8:00 am-the first lot-about 300 hundred circled us but didnt like the look of things so didnt come in-but the second skein about half the size poured in-i could call properly as i was that excited watching 150 pinks calling and "whiffeling" into our decoys-in fact i was that excited when i came to shoot both barrels of BB's connected with nothing apart from thin air!! my friend managed to bring one down thought. from then on geese came in every 15minutes or so in skiens ranging from 20 to 500!!! the first bird i managed to drop was one out of a skien of about 100 they came right over at about 40 yards and i managed to drop one and my fried had one aswell.

we finished off with 2 coming in at about 40 yards and both of us dropped one each. with 4 geese each we diceded to leave them to eat in piece and headed of home for bacon buttys and took the picture below-a fantastic mornings shooting i will never forget!!!

post-5672-1192651711.jpg

• 4 weeks later...