Outraged

keeper96

On 01/02/2023 at 12:35, London Best said:

Beater’s and other shoot helpers should be there on the shoot during the season because they want to be there, to do a job to the best of their ability ( or learn how it should be done), to make the shoot days run smoothly for the guns. 
Beaters should not be there just because they expect to be asked to shoot at the season’s end. 
The worst beaters anywhere, in my long experience of beating, stopping, picking-up, loading, and as a gun, are the ones who are only there for beater’s day.

Beaters days are very very important to some beaters. Got many it is their only opportunity to shoot  game.

Edited by scolopax

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, jall25 said:

And i'm really sure they would miss you !!

Yes they would i have been beating on the two shoot's for over 15 yrs and i run the line on the two of them also as i said on the post in Pheasant Poults i hope to be getting at least 1000 Poult this season coming 

10 hours ago, London Best said:

Not many shoots will promise you a beater’s day at the end of the season. 

If you have performed well and regularly, you may, if you are lucky, be INVITED to attend.

Nobody has said at the start of the season there will be a beaters day BUT they was told there would be one so if its like the two i beat on they would arrange it around the beaters then we all arrange either days off work or arrange other matters to be cleared for that day then it gets cancelled without no excuse (up tp now anyway ) at the last minute as i said without any excuse given is wrong my beaters will be given a beaters day next season its a given thing no matter how many birds are left we will even put on a Clays day for the beaters that's what's called looking after your boys