Maxam CSB0 powder

Hi hafod l still use csb0 powder. I enclose photos of the burning rates for you. I have loaded .410 with csb0 with lead and steel pellets . I have loading data for csb0 for lead steel ITM and heavy shot if you need any data. I found it very good with ITM I still load for 28gauge and 20gauge with ITM. I have loaded for 28gauge to 8gauge with ITM and csb0 over the years . I’m down to my last tub now from about 2005 .

image.jpg

19 hours ago, hafod said:

Andy H 

Any chance you could find me the 20 bore data I find I'm using the 20 bore and 410 a lot more now than the 12 if I'm honest

cheers mate 

Andy 

70mm PT case, CX50primer, gualandi wad, 22grains CSBO for 28g lead and 20grains CSBO for 30g lead, crimp closure. Sorry no data for 24g lead but i would work up from 22 to 24 grains. Hope this helps.  

Thanks a lot guys

I honestly thought I was going to be stuck with this powder

I bought a load of reloading gear which consisted of a load of steel loading components and 1 kg of this powder plus a load of other reloading stuff about 7 or 8 years ago

just out of interest when was this powder manufactured and marketed as i couldn't seem to find a lot of data on it 

I usually use the vectan A range of powders as I have a couple of kilo,s of each on hand 

4 minutes ago, Gas seal said:

Hi hafod the last time I bought csb0 power was in 2005 from clay and game 28.50 per kg. One kg of hevi shot cost £28.00. Maxam ssb150 is a similar power to csb0 

Hiya I would have thought this kilo would be from about the same vintage 2004/2005

pity we couldnt go back in time eh 28.50 a kilo 

I,'ve had a good evening at the bench and had everything on had to load a few 3 inch csb0 410 loads to try out 

On 10/02/2023 at 11:10, 222mark said:

70mm PT case, CX50primer, gualandi wad, 22grains CSBO for 28g lead and 20grains CSBO for 30g lead, crimp closure. Sorry no data for 24g lead but i would work up from 22 to 24 grains. Hope this helps.  

What gualandi wad was with this load please?

Edited... Just noticed it on above chart😂

Edited by Smiler23

• 10 months later...
On 07/02/2023 at 22:42, Andy H said:

There are lead shot loads for csb0 in 410 , 28 , 20 , 12 , 10 and 8 bore.

Hi Andy any chance of the data on the 28 bore loads for the csb0 powder loads please