Pigeon for dinner

rayo

I had to go to my permission and pick a bale straw for my hen house so I thought I'd have a hour with the Lanber there wasn't much about but managed 3 Had one today down the allotment I've got to admit cooking them on a wood fire is fantastic 

IMG_20230415_180707.jpg

IMG_20230417_150949.jpg

5 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

Pigeon breasts I reckon take some beating, will have to check out a cherry sauce recipe

there are alot of pigeon and cherry recipes......i remember eating squab with cherry and blackberry in local pubs in the early 1970's

2 hours ago, dead eye alan said:

You just love making people drool.

i am an anti ladi-da cooking programme chap.....i hate these so called chefs fannying about with spices and vedge ive never even heard on..........country folk in the UK when it comes to food can be very inventive and they have done it for hundreds of years......the french have always taken the mick out of us because of our boring food...they have always called us "Roste beoufs"

well i can tell you now there aint nothing better than well hung rib-o-beef and served with fresh made horsradish sauce and fresh pulled seasonal vedgetable..................much nicer than eating frogs snails horse dog cat rats dormouse.

not so long ago the yound kids used to climb the trees in rookeries and tie the squabs to the nest.with lengths of rafia cord then harvest the squab rook when needed

squab pigeon with cherry or blackberry that had be bottled the previos year....is food of the gods....there are so many dishes in the uk that are forgotton about.....next time you do a farm reared duck that has been dipped in boiling water before roasting and being baisted with plum sauce from the hedgrows......and then stuffed with crumbled fresh rolls and mixed with FRESH picked herbs and grated lemon zest  and mixed together with a bit of juice made from the lights of the duck...the rest of the juice goes into the gravy.............................i could go on and on

K.I.S.S.........keep it simple stupid

:good:

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

i am an anti ladi-da cooking programme chap.....i hate these so called chefs fannying about with spices and vedge ive never even heard on..........country folk in the UK when it comes to food can be very inventive and they have done it for hundreds of years......the french have always taken the mick out of us because of our boring food...they have always called us "Roste beoufs"

well i can tell you now there aint nothing better than well hung rib-o-beef and served with fresh made horsradish sauce and fresh pulled seasonal vedgetable..................much nicer than eating frogs snails horse dog cat rats dormouse.

not so long ago the yound kids used to climb the trees in rookeries and tie the squabs to the nest.with lengths of rafia cord then harvest the squab rook when needed

squab pigeon with cherry or blackberry that had be bottled the previos year....is food of the gods....there are so many dishes in the uk that are forgotton about.....next time you do a farm reared duck that has been dipped in boiling water before roasting and being baisted with plum sauce from the hedgrows......and then stuffed with crumbled fresh rolls and mixed with FRESH picked herbs and grated lemon zest  and mixed together with a bit of juice made from the lights of the duck...the rest of the juice goes into the gravy.............................i could go on and on

K.I.S.S.........keep it simple stupid

:good:

Good god man you just done it again! It's dripping of my chin! :good: