Have they won?

Scully

Anti Terrorist barriers in York are apparently impeding the freedom of movement and restricting disabled people from going about their daily business. 
If it is deemed necessary for such barriers to be installed, doesn’t that mean the terrorists have won? 
The barriers can be lowered at times of delivery apparently, so I’m assuming any self respecting terrorist could take advantage of delivery times, or in fact just deliver their ‘package’ on foot? 🤷‍♂️

Traditionally it used to be free access from 4pm until 10am for delivery’s and the Main Street could be driven onto with no barriers outside of that time and the odd old dear would make that mistake and used to be quite funny. Haven’t worked in York for years now so some form of barrier is probably a good idea. We used to comment about if someone drove a stolen truck down coney street on Christmas Eve they would kill hundreds of people but these days I hear it’s pretty quiet. 

2 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

Traditionally it used to be free access from 4pm until 10am for delivery’s and the Main Street could be driven onto with no barriers outside of that time and the odd old dear would make that mistake and used to be quite funny. Haven’t worked in York for years now so some form of barrier is probably a good idea. We used to comment about if someone drove a stolen truck down coney street on Christmas Eve they would kill hundreds of people but these days I hear it’s pretty quiet. 

It wasn't quiet when we went between Xmas and New year,  it was rammed. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Anti Terrorist barriers in York are apparently impeding the freedom of movement and restricting disabled people from going about their daily business. 
If it is deemed necessary for such barriers to be installed, doesn’t that mean the terrorists have won? 
The barriers can be lowered at times of delivery apparently, so I’m assuming any self respecting terrorist could take advantage of delivery times, or in fact just deliver their ‘package’ on foot? 🤷‍♂️

There are barriers everywhere these days, unfortunately a sign of the times.