Birch wood presto gun blue Pen

Gerry78

I have used the 'black gloss' version on the ejector and loading ports on my Beretta 303 with reasonable results. I do not think I would be tempted to use it on barrels etc. I much prefer Abbey 'blue gel'  for cold blueing of small parts and the odd scratch on a rib or suchlike. The Presto pen puts a paint like line which would show up on barrels.

Edited by Westley

1 hour ago, Westley said:

I have used the 'black gloss' version on the ejector and loading ports on my Beretta 303 with reasonable results. I do not think I would be tempted to use it on barrels etc. I much prefer Abbey 'blue gel'  for cold blueing of small parts and the odd scratch on a rib or suchlike. The Presto pen puts a paint like line which would show up on barrels.

No worries westley gonna try it 1st on older side by side 👍

Just a update on using this product NEVER again I bought a new miroku mk38 trap took it shooting my local clay club picking it of the stand a fellow shooter clunked my bottom barrel with he’s gun honest mistake small. Scratch on my bottom barrel I used this pen followed and re followed the instructions ended up making the scratch worse regarding burning 🔥 a small ring around the area that was damaged cosmetic damage to the gun according to gun smith but it destroyed my Confidence don’t know if it’s my OCD with guns but ended up selling the mk38 and bought a new Beretta silver pigeon 1 sporter Sorry 😣 for the Rant seriously 😒 ****** 

50 minutes ago, Westley said:

I DID try to warn you  !   It is NOT suitable for the likes of gun barrels.

It sounds like a job for the Abbey blue gel  ?

Yes you did Bud Never agy

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

It sounds more like a tiny mark to be lived with until maybe one day the whole barrels need blueing properly.

Yes LB but the mark took the look of the Gun Sold it