Anglesey fishing trip

Stephen-H

Had a weekend away to anglesey a few weeks back & took to a regular fishing spot. On arrival someone was already fishing it so we took to the headland to try find some other spots but it appeared everyman and his dog was having a go that day eventually managed to get onto the mark after a hour or so of wondering around. 

I've had some absolutely brillant sessions on this particular rock mark it can produce pollock upto the 5lb mark huge conger eels are caught around here often upto the 20lb mark . produces some brillant wrasse fishing on light gear down the side of the rock faces the best wrasse session we had was 25 in under two hours on a hook line & spark plug sinker with ragworm. 

This particular session didn't produce the action we had hoped sadly the fishing was slower then slow we did manage to pick up a couple customers but it was hard going we fished it two hours upto high tide & a hour after before the wind had really began to pick up & we had enough & went to the pub instead 😂

The wrasse fell to the usual rough ground wrasse rig hook line swivel & a spark plug 

The only pollock of the session fell to fresh lug worm on a three hook flapper rig whizzed out & it hit it on the drop which was nice. 

The few other anglers out managed a couple dog fish & the odd pollock to lures.

All in all not a amazing fishing session but still lovely to be out fishing with the old man & enjoy a few hours on the rocks. 

20230507_094542.jpg

20230507_110531.jpg

20230507_110419.jpg

IMG-20230507-WA0006.jpg

8 hours ago, Remimax said:

Yep that's my home Amlwch ,run a fishing charter boat out of it.

Spent all my life fishing around Anglesey as the family has a place at Poth Swtan as do other family members. Used to fish for congers off the stone blocks inside the harbour. Had my biggest there at about 18 years old, a little over 30lbs. Was treacherous though and nearly knocked myself out when I slipped one time.

IMG_1580.jpeg

14 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Looks like Amlych

Yep it's amlwch!

9 hours ago, Remimax said:

Yep that's my home Amlwch ,run a fishing charter boat out of it.

Interesting what is your boat called remimax? I went out on a boat a few years ago from amlwch called the kerry Kim I think it was 🤔 

14 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Yep it's amlwch!

Interesting what is your boat called remimax? I went out on a boat a few years ago from amlwch called the kerry Kim I think it was 🤔 

Empress & julie ann ,winding it down now done 26years at it and health not what it use to be. Kerrykim is run by my mate Pat the **** proper old school tell it as it is.

prob ruffles  a few feathers these days in these pc times .