From your Fenland Correspondent! AGAIN.

TIGHTCHOKE

Well I ventured out into the wildlands of the Cambridgeshire Fens again yesterday.

My plan was again to move the birds towards another shooter covering some of the mustard crop.

This time it was Nicolle Moore aka "ShootingGirl with an Afro" making another video for YouTube.

I think she shot 11 and I had 13 Wps and 6 Corvids.

A very overcast afternoon with a stiff north easterly breeze.

The birds kept moving and the opportunities were there.

I shall look forward to the new video in about 3 weeks time.

IMG_20230531_141114.jpg

IMG_20230531_141117.jpg

IMG_20230531_141121.jpg

Well done again from our Fenland Correspondent  ( TC ) , one thing I noticed was how big the fields are compared with the majority in our county , some of our fields are big and these are mainly in the Thetford area , around our way a field of 100 acres would be a rarity , another rarity we are lucky enough to have on my main perm is some of the fields have got a mature  tree in the middle , these are ideal as you can shoot in any direction and on a hot Summers day you are also shaded from the hot sun .

Keep up the good work with the crop protection and the reports that follow :good:

Cheers PC, We make the best of what we have access to. 

I have permissions around the Rutland Water area, but nothing worth driving up there for.

Consequently I drive 180 degrees in the other direction to the big fields.

The greatest shame at the moment in my locality, 4 miles from home, is a Farmer with a lot of peas being hammered and as he had a bad experience with a Decoyer a while ago and is very careful about letting anyone else on the fields. I've shot it  a couple of times and am slowly gaining his confidence.

Onwards and upwards, if it was easy everybody would be doing it!

57 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Cheers PC, We make the best of what we have access to. 

I have permissions around the Rutland Water area, but nothing worth driving up there for.

Consequently I drive 180 degrees in the other direction to the big fields.

The greatest shame at the moment in my locality, 4 miles from home, is a Farmer with a lot of peas being hammered and as he had a bad experience with a Decoyer a while ago and is very careful about letting anyone else on the fields. I've shot it  a couple of times and am slowly gaining his confidence.

Onwards and upwards, if it was easy everybody would be doing it!

Peas are now becoming the main attraction , it have changed a lot in this last week and now are Peas are at least 10 inches high , you scan the fields and at first it look devoid of Pigeons , then you see a couple drop in whilst a 100 yds away a coulpe lift off , another giveaway is some might be sitting on the telegraph wires ( if you have any ) or perched up on some dead branchers , most of the tree buds are now in leaf and you should now at long last see more Pigeons in the countryside , if you haven't got any Peas , then start taking note on the Winter barley fields on your perms , with the recent cold weather it is a little bit behind at the moment but it have been very dry and will catch up , from about the third week this month it should well be worth keeping an eye on . Good Luck.