Hatsan at-44 .177 pellet recommendations

BrowningUltra

Hi Guys

Just bought my first PCP for the purpose of ratting. 

I was given a tin of JSB exacts in with the deal but they just don't seem to group very well. (Odd flyers at 20 yards and won't group to more than 50p). I'm shooting off a rest and have had a lot of experience with air rifles in the past so I'm pretty sure that it's not me for the most part 😂.

Does anyone have/have had one of these rifles to point me in the right direction? Or is it just a bad rifle and I should have spent more? For the sake of shooting rats at 15 yards it will be okay but if I can find something that groups a little better then it might instil some confidence. 

TIA

Steve 

• 1 month later...
On 02/06/2023 at 13:51, BrowningUltra said:

Hi Guys

Just bought my first PCP for the purpose of ratting. 

I was given a tin of JSB exacts in with the deal but they just don't seem to group very well. (Odd flyers at 20 yards and won't group to more than 50p). I'm shooting off a rest and have had a lot of experience with air rifles in the past so I'm pretty sure that it's not me for the most part 😂.

Does anyone have/have had one of these rifles to point me in the right direction? Or is it just a bad rifle and I should have spent more? For the sake of shooting rats at 15 yards it will be okay but if I can find something that groups a little better then it might instil some confidence. 

TIA

Steve 

I can only advise what works very well in my hatsan at4410  .177, it thrives on H&N FTTS . think they are 8 and a bit grains without looking.

On 02/06/2023 at 13:51, BrowningUltra said:

was given a tin of JSB exacts in with the deal but they just don't seem to group very well. (Odd flyers at 20 yards and won't group to more than 50p). I'm shooting off a rest and have had a lot of experience with air rifles in the past so I'm pretty sure that it's not me for the most part 😂

I've never known exacts not group in a gun, silly question but you aren't resting the barrel on the rest are you?

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

I've only ever shot 2 hatsan at 44  s 

And I couldn't find a pellet that the gun liked at all .though to be fair I don't think I tried everything  .

I'd look at Bisley magnums  if your gun doesn't like jsb s . They often work when others don't. 

I use Bisley Magnum in my BSA Scorpion T-10 .177 12 ft/lbs PCP.