A very tempting project ?

Velocette

2 hours ago, Velocette said:

HOLTS Auctioneers

Lots of work but a unique opportunity.

you would have to be very keen to take that on..........it might be cheaper to take it to a good gunsmith/maker you know and get them to finish it.....they would charge maybe 

4-7k ???............is a Greener worth that ?

get a for iron made and then do the wood yourself..........would take a lot of skill..........

Hard to tell but looks like one of the " Empire " actions .Came in two versions , long and short bodied . 

Let me put it this way if you have deep pockets , are very enthusiastic and have machining facilities and are a good working relationship with a gunmaker/gunsmith , have the opportunity to see another finished version of the same gun , to see how the forend connects and the ejector work is set up  ,then OK have a punt .

Then  ask yourself that if the gun was built in 1964 , the last days of Greener .That during the years Greener was owned by Webley who did finish some of the barrelled actions they inherited many of which had been put aside by Greener's because they had problems of one form or another ( I know I was there and worked on some  ) then  why was this never finished before ? 

Quite right, it would cost a fortune to assemble a complete gun, with a doubtful past, when a good used but perfectly useable one can be acquired for sensible money. It was merely speculation to consider it a reasonable project, but I'll bet someone will have a go at it.