"oi loikes me beanz"

ditchman

my favourite summer vedgetable..............bought a stew an dumplings off the cheap shelf £1.75.....(eat now or die offer).........and a rake of runner beanz.......sometimes on the first crop of beanz i will chunk them up ..boil quickly let them cool a bit ...pour in some cream and a rake of black pepper and eat that with a bowl of rive and good soya sauce....but this time it was butter black pepper and a big poonful of recurrant jelly.....

went down a treat

PS the dumplings were pathetic.....when i do a dumpling it takes up 3/4's of the plate and is made from suet (grated) from the freezer...

P1000839beanz.jpg

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, Stephen-H said:

" Eat now or die offer " 😂😂 new favourite saying for a yellow label discount sticker 

that was a cheap meal ..cost about £2.50 including electricity................and the most important thing...IM STILL ALIVE ..:yahoo:

I like runner beans, but often, the shop bought ones have been allowed to grow big (more profit).  Young slim tender beans are so much nicer if you can get them.  My former neioghbours used to grow them and give me some fresh from the plant and they were lovely.  Sadly those neighbours have moved away.

15 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I like runner beans, but often, the shop bought ones have been allowed to grow big (more profit).  Young slim tender beans are so much nicer if you can get them.  My former neioghbours used to grow them and give me some fresh from the plant and they were lovely.  Sadly those neighbours have moved away.

so easy to grow yer own in pots with hazel sticks......:good:

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

so easy to grow yer own in pots with hazel sticks......:good:

I'm sure, but two snags;

1. I'm lazy about growing food - especially as we have many good farm shops being in a market gardening area
  2. My fingers are the opposite of 'green' - which may be related to lazy above!