Can someone tell me.....

harrycatcat1

23 minutes ago, old'un said:

Branston beans are much better than Heinz, if you like to spice it up a bit try adding a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce to the beans or serve them with sweet pickled onions.

I like both Heinz and Branston.  Different but I like both.  I agree on a splash of Worcestershire sauce (my local delicacy!) - and also you might like to try;

1. A pinch of chilli powder (or a splash of Tabasco), great with beans as an accompaniment
  2. A pinch of smoked paprika - gives a barbecue flavour
  3. Crispy bacon bits (made from a rasher or two of smoked streaky, chopped up fine (texture perhaps not for everyone)
  4. Grated strong cheddar cheese on top (I don't eat eggs, so my alternative to eggs)
  5. Perk up the sauce with a teaspoon of either a 'better grade' (such as Stokes) tomato ketchup, or brown sauce

There are so many things to try that can just make an interesting variation on a theme

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

One thing about Harry is he take it all in good heart and the food section would be a poorer place without him showing us what he have ( knocked up ) in his kitchen , mine you at 21 stone he need to cut back on the ole fried stuff :lol:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have skin as thick as a rhino so I love all the comments good or bad 👍👍👍👍😉😉😉😉

(as long as folk don't get mardy when I fire back at them, especially the southern softies)

4 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

May I ask how you have your steak cooked 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

It depends upon the cut.

Filet - still mooing

Ribeye - medium rare

Stewing steak - several hours in the slow cooker.

but I never overcook eggs, which should be just set and succulent, otherwise, as noted above, it would be like eating crumbled bath sponge.

Edited by amateur

had a very nice rump steak..(nice bit of fat on it.....meat very dark and almost blue on the outside)......cooked directly on cherrywood charcoal....it was charred and crispy on the out side and just done in the middle....................christ it was nice...and melt in you mouth

26 minutes ago, amateur said:

It depends upon the cut.

Filet - still mooing

Ribeye - medium rare

Stewing steak - several hours in the slow cooker.

but I never overcook eggs, which should be just set and succulent, otherwise, as noted above, it would be like eating crumbled bath sponge.

You see if you ask people about how to cook steak and how well they like it you will get lots of different answers because we are all different. You like your eggs that way I might not 🤔 there is no right or wrong way it's just how you like them 👍👍 

53 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

You see if you ask people about how to cook steak and how well they like it you will get lots of different answers because we are all different. You like your eggs that way I might not 🤔 there is no right or wrong way it's just how you like them 👍👍 

My Derbyshire born son-in-law would only eat steak, even filet, if it were cooked to the consistency of leather. It took time to educate him, but now he likes a lightly barbecued rib-eye and a baveuse omelette.

He will even forgo his ale for a decent Burgundy.

Well I took tips from JohnfromUK and Old'un  and used up some applewood smoked streaky bacon that needed using and added a splosh or two of ''wuster'' sauce' to a tin of Branston beans. 

I toasted the two left over Scotch bap's from yesterday and also fried up a couple of slice's of the ''wee black pudding'' and crumbled on top. Finished with a good zig/zag squeezing of HP fruity. No cheese on this occasion as I felt it would be a case of ''guilding the lily''.

Screenshot_20230808-124855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230808-124903_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230808-124911_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230808-124924_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230808-124949_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230808-124936_Gallery.jpg

Edited by SuperGoose75

We all like to share what we have found we like to enjoy.  Glad you like it as well.  Bacon and beans are among my favourite 'convenience' foods - and have the bonus of going well together.  Worcestershire sauce is my local (about 10 or 15 miles from the factory).

2 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Well I took tips from JohnfromUK and Old'un  and used up some applewood smoked streaky bacon that needed using and added a splosh or two of ''wuster'' sauce' to a tin of Branston beans. 

I toasted the two left over Scotch bap's from yesterday and also fried up a couple of slice's of the ''wee black pudding'' and crumbled on top. Finished with a good zig/zag squeezing of HP fruity. No cheese on this occasion as I felt it would be a case of ''guilding the lily''.

That looks delicious 😋 I can eat most things but I am not keen on smoked bacon.  The smoked taste in my mouth reminds me of when I used to smoke cigarettes 20 odd years ago. The rest looks 👌 

3 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED with the culinary skills i find on this forum............defo have a go at that....but will leave the HP fruity out