winchester all in 1 oil spray (rebranded legia)

Sweet11-87

i know that the browning legia spray is a popular spray oil ive used it for years aswell

picked up a tin of this  on amazon for £10 for 750ml

used it a couple of times  smells and works the same and has the browning  uk address and olin corp on it i think this is just re-labled legia red at less than half the price.  thought id pass on the deal.

20 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

i know that the browning legia spray is a popular spray oil ive used it for years aswell

picked up a tin of this  on amazon for £10 for 750ml

used it a couple of times  smells and works the same and has the browning  uk address and olin corp on it i think this is just re-labled legia red at less than half the price.  thought id pass on the deal.

Thanks for heads up, just ordered  3 tins, qualified  for free delivery👍. Good deal.

11 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

What do you guys and dolls use legia for?
I have seen it used in a few ways, from woodwork, to like a water displacement on the trigger group, to using it as a sprayable oil.

Just wondering any specific don'ts as well as do's.

Re shotguns.....I use it to clean inside barrels and use on all metal parts.  I don't use it on wood as I maintain an oil finish to stock, but I understand it is not harmful to wood. Regards 

43 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

What do you guys and dolls use legia for?
I have seen it used in a few ways, from woodwork, to like a water displacement on the trigger group, to using it as a sprayable oil.

Just wondering any specific don'ts as well as do's.

All of the above. 

Though it's quite expensive to use as a general spray over and water displacement oil. When I shoot in the rain and the gun is soaked through I tend to give the barrels externals a generous dousing in something cheap like GT85 spray and then wipe down with paper towel to remove. This is mainly to displace the water in the gaps in the ribs, behind ejectors etc.. I'll then wipe down the whole gun with a rag with Legia spray applied.

i use it after  i do a full gun stripdown and degrease. for instance my  foreshore gun at the end of the season to get rid of any salt water or mud that may have crept inside then before i reasemble things like magazine springs, tubes and the trigger group ill give a blast then let it dry. pushes out any moisture and give everything a light film that will dry. for evey day use i use it down the barrels let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes then a pull through and barrels are gleaming. before stuff goes in the cabinet ive got a oily rag thats got a mix of spray on oil and lucas gun oil from a dropper bottle its not a special recipy just its the rag i use to wipe off oil so now its oily it works to wipe oil on :D.

bit honestly i see legia as more of a cleaner than a lubrincant but the fact it does that and water displaces its just an added benefit.