Soft plastic egg poaching "pouches" by Lakeland...don't bother!

enfieldspares

Bought two of these for 50p from a charity shop. What a waste of 50p! They retail at £5 for two. Truth is they take FOUR times as long to poach against the time if you just drop the egg straight into the water make a "whirlpool" to keep it all together. And when the egg, or eggs, finally are done there is some of them stuck to the bottom of the pouches. Used once. Next desitantion for them is back to the charity shop as a donation. 

Egg.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

We have some ( not Lakeland) but they do take longer and need a smear of oil before the egg.  We use them to microwave eggs. Smear of oil then egg in and stick the point if a knife in the yoke.  2 eggs 1 minute cook time at most ( depending on microwave) - less messy than poaching. 

Edited by Yellow Bear
Edited because of filter.

i have a stainless steel 4 cup egg poacher.........knob of butter in each one...then the egg some black pepper........cook until perfect serve on toast bit of maldon salt..........

use and egg poacher............do it the proper way please............RESPECT YOU EGG

46 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i have a stainless steel 4 cup egg poacher.........knob of butter in each one...then the egg some black pepper........cook until perfect serve on toast bit of maldon salt..........

use and egg poacher............do it the proper way please............RESPECT YOU EGG

appreciate it. thanks

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Yes! Trouble is I'm a sucker for these gimmicky things seen in charity shops!

33 minutes ago, JKD said:

That's the 10th charity shop those have passed through this last fortnight 🙈🤣🤣🤣

LOL! Yes I found them next to the golf ball three initial marking pincers! An yes I once bought one of those for a friend. As a gift. "Look what I've got for you." To be told that they all use felt permanent marker pens! Cheaper and don't mar the case of the ball and affect its flight. So that went back too!

Edited by enfieldspares

43 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

LOL! Yes I found them next to the golf ball three initial marking pincers! An yes I once bought one of those for a friend. As a gift. "Look what I've got for you." To be told that they all use felt permanent marker pens! Cheaper and don't mar the case of the ball and affect its flight. So that went back too!

One day you'll find that £5 R Lalique glass vase worth 1000's of £££££££££ 🤓🤣

Ah JKD I did find a pair of brown leather ankle boots for just £8. Not in my size but I didn't care. They were WWII USAAF issue boots, unused, and sold very well on eBay! But to be honest most bargains that I have ever had have been from my local....just two miles away...weekly chattels auction. All deceased estate with no reserve. I got a Winfield lathe with three and four jaw chucks and plain face plate for £100 last year. It is now in my outhouse.

Edited by enfieldspares

5 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Ah JKD I did find a pair of brown leather ankle boots for just £8. Not in my size but I didn't care. They were WWII USAAF issue boots, unused, and sold very well on eBay! But to be honest most bargains that I have ever had have been from my local....just two miles away...weekly chattels auction. All deceased estate with no reserve. I got a Winfield lathe with three and four jaw chucks and plain face plate for £100 last year. It is now in my outhouse.

Well done 👍 ,,,, keep looking and,,,, keep poaching those eggs in a pan of hot water 😄