Car adverts ?.

samboy

Just now, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Why is it when cars are being advertised on tv you can hardly tell what the car is because of the speed of the ad ?.

Also they are always shown on clear open roads and never stuck in traffic jams.

And nearly always left hand drive. I know Europe drive on the rightside but we drive on the correct side of the road.

43 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Why is it when cars are being advertised on tv you can hardly tell what the car is because of the speed of the ad ?.

Also they are always shown on clear open roads and never stuck in traffic jams.

It's not just car ads, I often look at the Mrs and ask her if she's any idea what was advertised. In common with other women she obviously knows absolutely everything but even she blanks with most ads.

I think it's just a sign we're getting old. 🤔 

The real sign that you lot are old is that you still watch TV ads! 🤣

3 hours ago, samboy said:

Also they are always shown on clear open roads and never stuck in traffic jams

Do you see Browning advertising their wares on here by showing shotguns in a slip?

Car advertising is promoting a lifestyle - e.g. small city cars with a young driver and a lot of mates doing things to funky beats, innit. Or an SUV with a family on board hitting the open road & going surfing. They definitely don’t show said young driver being late for work in his first job, or a stressed mother on the school run.