9mm garden gun/.410 single barrel

Sawyet

Looking for the above, would much prefer a 9mm but would consider a .410 bolt action at a pinch. Am based in North Cheshire Mon-Thu but travel home down to N.Wales on a Thu night, it is just to despatch rats so nothing fancy (read cheap). Plenty on the usual websites but they are either too far away or too expensive.

A combination really, we have taken ownership of a farmhouse with a lot of outbuildings & they are overrun with rats, got the "ratman" in but as the poison takes effect & slows them down I want to despatch them quickly (mainly so our dogs/the half dozen or so feral cats that we seem to have inherited dont munch them).

1 hour ago, Sawyet said:

A combination really, we have taken ownership of a farmhouse with a lot of outbuildings & they are overrun with rats, got the "ratman" in but as the poison takes effect & slows them down I want to despatch them quickly (mainly so our dogs/the half dozen or so feral cats that we seem to have inherited dont munch them).

Are there any 'ratting packs' near you. Where I live, there's a group of guys who visit farms etc and do a damn good job of killing many rats. Personally, I don't like the idea of poison due to Owls etc possibly getting secondary poisoning.

if they are poisoned rats it should not be to difficult to knock them on the head with a stick, if your aim is not so good, the back of a shovel.

Still think an air rifle is the way to go for poisoned and none poisoned rats.