What PCP Air Compressors are PW members buying ?? Feedback, only to fill air rifle 220/240 and 12 Volt ??

oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, Andy H said:

240volt 300 bar Yong Heng in 4 year's only had to replace 1 seal , That's filling gun's and 3 and 7 lt cylinder's.

hello, thanks, any link to that , i was looking at some oil and water free, just top up with silicon oil

3 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

GX-E-CS3  off amazon uk  i have had mine a few years and no problem a big plus is you don't need water or silicon oil etc etc

thanks, not on amazon,

1 hour ago, amateur said:

I bought one of these. Does the job

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386233651216

Sent from my Galaxy

Sent from my Galaxy

hello, that is the one on my ebay watch list but from a UK supplier, how do you rate it ? any problems, did it have the right connection ?

1 hour ago, scarecrow243 said:

hello, i have seen those mentioned on the AGF 👍

2 hours ago, amateur said:

I have used it about 5 or 6 times, there are UK stockists, it pumps up my Logun Solo to 195bar in about 15 mins with no issues and it came with the correct connections for my gun.

hello, thanks, yes there is a UK supplier on ebay so i might make an offer, cheers

15 minutes just to fill a rifle reservoir?  That would drive me bonkers.  My New Warrior tops up a 7 litre bottle from 190 to 300bar in 20 minutes and my 500cc 300bar buddy bottle is filled from empty in five minutes.  There is a big difference in power between 12v and 240v water cooled compressors.  I considered 12v then realised how slow they are so ditched that idea.  The ideal solution is a 240v home based water cooled compressor capable of filling a dive bottle which the New Warrior 300 Standard is more than able to do.  Used it for three years now without any hiccups.

18 hours ago, Biffo1262 said:

15 minutes just to fill a rifle reservoir?  That would drive me bonkers.  My New Warrior tops up a 7 litre bottle from 190 to 300bar in 20 minutes and my 500cc 300bar buddy bottle is filled from empty in five minutes.  There is a big difference in power between 12v and 240v water cooled compressors.  I considered 12v then realised how slow they are so ditched that idea.  The ideal solution is a 240v home based water cooled compressor capable of filling a dive bottle which the New Warrior 300 Standard is more than able to do.  Used it for three years now without any hiccups.

thanks, not realy wanting the faff of a water cooled compressor so i am looking at 12 and 220 volt with internal transformer

I don't find water cooling a problem as I simply use a Hozelock connector straight to an outside tap.  The pump is a waste of time.  The hoses are permanently connected so just sticking onto the tap really is nothing and the benefits far outweigh that slight disadvantage.  Runs cooler and faster with less wear on the cylinder and motor.  It fills far faster.  I tried a 12v before I chose the New Warrior and there simply is no comparison.  It's like owning your own dive shop without the cost and the hanging about.  Sometimes my mates think it's a dive shop too. 🤣

Edited by Biffo1262